cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fujitaka
Engaged Sweeper II
Hey Guy's!
I'm currently working on implementing LsPush on our server so we have more accurate Login-Infos.
I've done everything in this Tutorial:
https://www.lansweeper.com/knowledgebase/how-to-scan-windows-computers-with-the-lspush-scanning-agent-in-a-group-policy/

Now my Problem:

The GPO that I made seems to be on all PC's but it doesn't get executed at login...
I've made a report that shows me all assets that have executed an LsPush-Scan and at what date and time, but the only assets that are shown, are the one's where I've manually executed the LsPushScript (with the code from the tutorial) myself.

Further Information:
I have already updated Lansweeper (and LsPush) yesterday in the hopes that it would solve my problem, but nothing changed.
The needed ports are already open.
Everything was done exactly as it is shown in the tutorial, except for the scriptcode, where I've replaced "LansweeperServer" with the IP of our LS-Server.

Does anyone have an idea on what the problem is and/or how I could go about solving it.

Thanks in advance

-Fuji
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Fujitaka
Engaged Sweeper II
Thank you for all the advice! Unfortunatelly nothing works...
Well at that point, I'm just gonna put the scripts into the autostart folder of all PC's that need them. It'll take some time, but it's not as much as it could be... And it works (I've tested it)!

I'll close the thread now, since I've basically achieved what I set out to do.

Thank you very much again and a nice day to you all!

Bye!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Fujitaka
Engaged Sweeper II
Thank you for all the advice! Unfortunatelly nothing works...
Well at that point, I'm just gonna put the scripts into the autostart folder of all PC's that need them. It'll take some time, but it's not as much as it could be... And it works (I've tested it)!

I'll close the thread now, since I've basically achieved what I set out to do.

Thank you very much again and a nice day to you all!

Bye!
KrisNelson
Champion Sweeper
A couple common things to check.

Script apparently is working so we can rule that out.

Permissions - it runs as you, but you most likely have all sorts of permissions to both run scripts on PC's and to access that folder.

Permissions Running Scripts - Things like AppLocker and Antivirus software can prevent this.

Permissions Folders - Generally everyone has access to read netlogon folders, and GPO's set permissions to their specific folder based on scopes, so I would check the scope. If not scoped to 'Authenticated Users' make sure you are adding that group as a special permissions groups for 'Read Access'. (This would show up in a GPResult as Filtering: Denied (Security))

If none of these are the issue, a screenshot of the gpresult would be helpful as well as the gpo.

-Kris
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Not too sure I can be of much help, maybe others have more experience with GPOs.

I found this link which provides some common causes: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/22457.10-common-problems-causing-group-policy-to-not-apply.aspx
Fujitaka
Engaged Sweeper II
Yes I did try gpupdate /force and yes it does show when I use gpresult /scope computer /v, but it just doesn't execute when it should...

It certainly seems like the GPO's don't apply correctly but all other Policies are executing as they should, so I have no idea what the actual problem is...
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
From the sounds of it, it seems more of an issue of the GPO not applying correctly or something. I presume you did a "gpupdate /force" to update the GPs?

Do you see the group policy when running the command "gpresult /scope computer /v" ?

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now