cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JSchlackman
Engaged Sweeper III
Since installing 7.1.40.5 yesterday morning, 5 of my 151 Windows assets have their records 'reset' as if they are newly detected machines.

Their First seen date is set to some time in the last 24h, and when I checked one record while while it was happening the record was blank while the 'initial' scan was made, exactly the same way it would be if it was a genuinely new asset. This is problematic because all history on the affected assets has been wiped out, along with all fields that were filled in manually (Contact, Order, custom fields, etc).

Is anyone else seeing this and has ideas on how to stop it? I've been using Lansweeper for nearly 10 years and have never seen anything like this before.

(I'm contacting support with the same information but I wanted to get it on here too in case anyone else was seeing the same thing.)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
On Friday, version 7.1.50.1 which included a hotfix for this issue was released. You can head over to the download page to download it.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
klaus
Engaged Sweeper III
We have the same problem with 7.1.40, but we don't have AWS scanning enabled. Is moving to 7.1.50 going to help us?
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
klaus wrote:
We have the same problem with 7.1.40, but we don't have AWS scanning enabled. Is moving to 7.1.50 going to help us?

Yes. The problem was that the AWS merging code was not targeted correctly. Which caused it to sometimes also merge other assets.
klaus
Engaged Sweeper III
Esben.D wrote:
klaus wrote:

Yes. The problem was that the AWS merging code was not targeted correctly. Which caused it to sometimes also merge other assets.

Many thanks Esben
JacobH
Champion Sweeper III
Excellent tracking post!

Please keep this post updated if anyone confirms the issue is resolved
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
On Friday, version 7.1.50.1 which included a hotfix for this issue was released. You can head over to the download page to download it.
coffee2000
Engaged Sweeper
Same issue here. I configured an e-mail report when new computers are added to our domain. Since the upgrade to 7 I receive a mail every day with 2-4 computers being added even though they've always been an asset (and every day there's the same computer).

Weird...
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Quick update:

We've located the root cause of the issue, AWS asset merging was also taking effect on Windows assets. We're trying to push out this hotfix ASAP and I'll give an update when it's online.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Both support and development are working on it as it does seem to not be an isolated issue. I'll try and keep you updated as much as possible. But for future reference I would always recommend creating a backup before updating just in case 😉

As for right now, we're investigating the cause both in-house and with people who have contacted support so we can get a hotfix out ASAP
njordur
Engaged Sweeper III
I confirm this has happened in our environment as well... approx 900 assets have been registered as new. I'm going to revert to the older version.