cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee

You can find a deployment package for Google Chrome below to update your Windows assets.

If you would like to deploy this package on all assets which do not have the latest Google Chrome version, you can use the report below. Please note that this report will list all Chrome installations which do not have Chrome version 72.0.3626.121, which is the latest Chrome release at the moment.

Select Top 1000000 tblAssets.AssetID,
tblAssets.AssetName,
tblAssets.Domain,
tsysAssetTypes.AssetTypename As AssetType,
tblAssets.Username,
tblAssets.Userdomain,
tsysAssetTypes.AssetTypeIcon10 As icon,
tblAssets.IPAddress,
tsysIPLocations.IPLocation,
tblAssetCustom.Manufacturer,
tblAssetCustom.Model,
tsysOS.OSname As OS,
tblAssets.SP,
tblAssets.Lastseen,
tblAssets.Lasttried,
tblSoftwareUni.softwareName As Software,
tblSoftware.softwareVersion As Version,
tblSoftwareUni.SoftwarePublisher As Publisher,
tblSoftware.Lastchanged
From tblAssets
Inner Join tblAssetCustom On tblAssets.AssetID = tblAssetCustom.AssetID
Inner Join tsysAssetTypes On tsysAssetTypes.AssetType = tblAssets.Assettype
Inner Join tsysIPLocations On tsysIPLocations.LocationID =
tblAssets.LocationID
Inner Join tblState On tblState.State = tblAssetCustom.State
Inner Join tblSoftware On tblAssets.AssetID = tblSoftware.AssetID
Inner Join tblSoftwareUni On tblSoftwareUni.SoftID = tblSoftware.softID
Left Join tsysOS On tsysOS.OScode = tblAssets.OScode
Where tblSoftwareUni.softwareName Like '%Google Chrome%' And
tblSoftware.softwareVersion <> '72.0.3626.121' And tblState.Statename =
'Active'
7 REPLIES 7
Alexandru
Engaged Sweeper II
Thanks Charles.X, it was because of a limit on the simultaneous connections. Have a nice day!
Alexandru
Engaged Sweeper II
Hello. Same problem here, both installers are in PackageShare/Installers folder, same name as mentioned in packages. Works well in around 90-95% of online computers, the rest gives the same error. Result: Deployment ended: The system cannot find the file specified. Stop(Failure). Last step 4 and return 2.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Alexandru wrote:
Hello. Same problem here, both installers are in PackageShare/Installers folder, same name as mentioned in packages. Works well in around 90-95% of online computers, the rest gives the same error. Result: Deployment ended: The system cannot find the file specified. Stop(Failure). Last step 4 and return 2.

Last step 4 is strange, since that is the file check for the 32-bit MSI installer. Generally speaking, these are the things to check:
  • The provided (run mode) credentials can access the shared folder
  • The file itself is available on this folder
  • The file/packageshare reference is correct in the deployment step
  • The packagehare folder itself allows enough simultaneous connections (when deploying to different assets at the same time.
taha
Engaged Sweeper
i have trying to deploy above package works well on many machines, but few machines are giving below error, any idea what went wrong.

Result: Deployment ended: The system cannot find the file specified. Stop(Failure)
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
taha wrote:
i have trying to deploy above package works well on many machines, but few machines are giving below error, any idea what went wrong.

Result: Deployment ended: The system cannot find the file specified. Stop(Failure)

Are both installers in the Packageshare/Installers folder? And do they have the same name as mentioned in the package?
CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper
@Esben.D

Google Chrome installs both 32 & 64 bit into the same path under program files (x86) so that check for which version to install wont work.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
CyberCitizen wrote:
@Esben.D

Google Chrome installs both 32 & 64 bit into the same path under program files (x86) so that check for which version to install wont work.

Really? Damn, I'll take a look if there is another way of making the package dynamically choose.

I found that HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Google\Update\ClientState\{8A69D345-D564-463C-AFF1-A69D9E530F96} hold a value that indicates the chrome version. In my test environment, if it's a 64-bit Chrome it's either "x64-stable-statsdef_0" or x64-stable".

I've added these 2 as condition checks.