cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JimmyG
Engaged Sweeper

I need some help with remote uninstallation package. I recently took this over for a previous admin and this is my first experience with Lansweeper. So, I apologize for my question if this is obvious.

I need to be able to execute a script/package, etc on numerous machines. The problem is the MSI package itself requires a password to uninstall and must be executed as an administrative user. The below command works if you login directly to the machine, start a CMD prompt as administrator (or logged in as admin run from "run" box).

msiexec /uninstall "\\MYSERVER\SHARE\websense\endpoint64\websense endpoint.msi" /qb /promptrestart XPSWDPXY=MYPASSWORD

None of the users have admin rights to their PCs, so will have to pass that too. Is there a way to create this package in Lansweeper?

Thanks for any help!
JG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JacobH
Champion Sweeper III
For Deployment, you make a new package > add step > action=installer > put in the UNC path for the MSI... and you will see that it puts the command in there for you... then go into 'edit mode' and just modify it to look like your snippet you want.

and you tell it to deploy the package with 'scanning credentials' That way, it uses whatever credential is used to scan the machine (which has admin rights to the box).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JimmyG
Engaged Sweeper
Perfect! Thank you! It works and I can't believe it was that simple. Appreciate your patience with my "greenness"
JacobH
Champion Sweeper III
For Deployment, you make a new package > add step > action=installer > put in the UNC path for the MSI... and you will see that it puts the command in there for you... then go into 'edit mode' and just modify it to look like your snippet you want.

and you tell it to deploy the package with 'scanning credentials' That way, it uses whatever credential is used to scan the machine (which has admin rights to the box).