Notification

Icon
Error

Helpdek Call Re-Opened - Call reopened when thanked

Posted: Thursday, February 14, 2019 1:35:38 PM(UTC)
bford@vpi-i.com

bford@vpi-i.com

Member Original PosterPosts: 2
I am sure its a simple fix, but when I close a call and make it public the end user is often polite and replies with a Thanks", which then reopens the call and I have to close it again

How do I avoid this while still informing the end user that the call was closed

Thanks in advance
Esben.D
#1Esben.D Member Administration Posts: 1,982  
posted: 2/15/2019 9:06:17 AM(UTC)
There is no way to prevent a response on a ticket re-opening it. The best you can do is set auto close rules to automatically close the ticket and send a notice to the user.

Alternatively, you could enable an email template that informs the user of the ticket status, so that he knows when it's closed.
pryan67
#2pryan67 Member Posts: 84  
posted: 3/5/2019 3:21:26 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Esben.D Go to Quoted Post
There is no way to prevent a response on a ticket re-opening it. The best you can do is set auto close rules to automatically close the ticket and send a notice to the user.

Alternatively, you could enable an email template that informs the user of the ticket status, so that he knows when it's closed.

That doesn't solve the problem. The only way an auto close rule would work is to auto close every time a user responds, which isn't really what we want.

I suppose an email template for closure would work, if you can set up a secondary email address for it to send from, which doesn't add the "thanks" to the ticket and therefore re-open it.

Is that what you meant? If so, I don't see a way to set that up.
Esben.D
#3Esben.D Member Administration Posts: 1,982  
posted: 3/7/2019 3:15:56 PM(UTC)
Auto close is the closest you can get, but like you mention, you would have to ignore the tickets long enough for the auto close to take effect.

MY suggestion was more meant to try and reduce the amount of reply emails when a ticket is resolved. By mentioning that the ticket is closed, hopefully people will refrain from sending another reply.
pryan67
#4pryan67 Member Posts: 84  
posted: 3/7/2019 3:19:14 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Esben.D Go to Quoted Post
Auto close is the closest you can get, but like you mention, you would have to ignore the tickets long enough for the auto close to take effect.

MY suggestion was more meant to try and reduce the amount of reply emails when a ticket is resolved. By mentioning that the ticket is closed, hopefully people will refrain from sending another reply.

Got it. Thanks again.

Our issue is that when users get the auto reply saying the ticket is closed (under our current ticketing system), they reply with "thanks"

:)

It would be nice to be able to set up a second email account to send the "closed" ticket from.
Hendrik.VE
#5Hendrik.VE Member Posts: 44  
posted: 3/7/2019 3:29:24 PM(UTC)
As a workaround, you could create a rule in your email client that moves mails containing a simple 'Thanks' to a folder that is not monitored by Lansweeper. Of course, that way you wouldn't see the actual Thank You message in the Helpdesk system.
pryan67
#6pryan67 Member Posts: 84  
posted: 3/7/2019 3:37:14 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Hendrik.VE Go to Quoted Post
As a workaround, you could create a rule in your email client that moves mails containing a simple 'Thanks' to a folder that is not monitored by Lansweeper. Of course, that way you wouldn't see the actual Thank You message in the Helpdesk system.

hmmmm...that's a thought...perhaps set the rule to read the subject of the email and put something special in the subject for the closed emails...

that's actually quite clever. I think I'll give that a shot.
Tinshield
#7Tinshield Member Posts: 4  
posted: 4/20/2020 7:50:03 PM(UTC)
This is crazy you can't prevent re-open on reply. Seems like a very basic and common request.
pryan67
#8pryan67 Member Posts: 84  
posted: 4/20/2020 7:53:42 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Tinshield Go to Quoted Post
This is crazy you can't prevent re-open on reply. Seems like a very basic and common request.

I set a rule to have LS ignore any message that has the words 'ticket closed" in it. That way if an end user replies to it, it will ignore that message.

I do agree though, we shouldn't have to set up a workaround. It is nice for a user to be able to re-open a ticket if the issue isn't resolved though, but that presents its own issues as well
Tinshield
#9Tinshield Member Posts: 4  
posted: 4/20/2020 7:58:29 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: pryan67 Go to Quoted Post

I set a rule to have LS ignore any message that has the words 'ticket closed" in it. That way if an end user replies to it, it will ignore that message.

I do agree though, we shouldn't have to set up a workaround. It is nice for a user to be able to re-open a ticket if the issue isn't resolved though, but that presents its own issues as well

That's a good way to handle it.
cycleheat
#10cycleheat Member Posts: 35  
posted: 4/27/2020 4:32:18 PM(UTC)
I've always approached this as a learning opportunity, it's not a technical problem to solve. Lansweeper is not unique in having this happen.

Inform your users that replying to a closed ticket should only be used for when the issue is not resolved and expressions of gratitude should be done elsewhere, like if you have a ticket survey or via email to a feedback address. Even put that in the closed ticket notification.

Let them know what you desire and they'll get the picture after a few immediately closed notifications to simple thank you messages.
mouaad
#11mouaad Member Posts: 12  
posted: 6/15/2020 10:42:57 AM(UTC)

Hi pryan67

Can you please let me know how did you do that?

Thank you for your help.
pryan67
#12pryan67 Member Posts: 84  
posted: 6/15/2020 12:30:22 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: mouaad Go to Quoted Post

Hi pryan67

Thank you for your help.

Under Configuration --> email settings find the "ignored content filters (regular expression)" and add the expression ticket closed (or whatever you want...you can make the "code word" "splunge" if you'd like.

LS will then ignore any emails with that word or phrase in it.
mouaad
#13mouaad Member Posts: 12  
posted: 6/15/2020 3:35:52 PM(UTC)
Thank you very much!
mouaad
#14mouaad Member Posts: 12  
posted: 6/15/2020 5:05:29 PM(UTC)

Hi pryan67

Thank you for your help.

Under Configuration --> email settings find the "ignored content filters (regular expression)" and add the expression ticket closed (or whatever you want...you can make the "code word" "splunge" if you'd like.

Unfortunatly it doesn't work.

So I puted "Ticket closed" as a regular expression. I sent an email to the user with the key work 'Ticket closed' but when the user reply to the email, the ticket is updated and the status is changed to In progress.

mouaad
#15mouaad Member Posts: 12  
posted: 7/3/2020 10:50:59 AM(UTC)

Hi pryan67

Thank you for your help.

Any idea?

So I puted "Ticket closed" as a regular expression. I sent an email to the user with the key work 'Ticket closed' but when the user reply to the email, the ticket is updated and the status is changed to In progress.

pryan67
#16pryan67 Member Posts: 84  
posted: 7/3/2020 1:12:17 PM(UTC)

Can you take a screen shot of your configuration?

mouaad
#17mouaad Member Posts: 12  
posted: 7/8/2020 2:12:25 PM(UTC)

Can you take a screen shot of your configuration?

There we go :
UserPostedImage
pryan67
#18pryan67 Member Posts: 84  
posted: 7/9/2020 8:41:29 PM(UTC)
That should work fine. If you use the "test field" and put in ticket closed what are the results?
mouaad
#19mouaad Member Posts: 12  
posted: 7/10/2020 9:26:12 AM(UTC)
UserPostedImage
pryan67
#20pryan67 Member Posts: 84  
posted: 7/10/2020 1:26:26 PM(UTC)
That should work fine then.

One issue we've had is the user replying to an older email, or replying without the text of the original email.

Try opening a ticket using a new email, but put the words ticket closed in the body of the email
mouaad
#21mouaad Member Posts: 12  
posted: 7/13/2020 11:12:35 AM(UTC)
Hi Pryan67,

Thank you for you help.

So If I understand well, I should open a ticket using a new email puting the key words 'Ticket closed' in it?
mouaad
#22mouaad Member Posts: 12  
posted: 7/13/2020 3:21:56 PM(UTC)
Hi Pryan67,

Thank you for you help.

So If I understand well, I should open a ticket using a new email puting the key words 'Ticket closed' in it?

Still receiving email even if I put the words Ticket closed...
pryan67
#23pryan67 Member Posts: 84  
posted: 7/13/2020 7:50:55 PM(UTC)
Hi Pryan67,

Thank you for you help.

Still receiving email even if I put the words Ticket closed...

that's correct...you should have received the email, but no automatic ticket should have been opened. You also shouldn't receive an update in the ticket if the ticket is already open
mouaad
#24mouaad Member Posts: 12  
posted: 7/14/2020 7:30:59 AM(UTC)
Indeed no ticket is created when I put 'Ticket closed' in the body of the email.
But if the ticket is already created, then the mecanism seems not working properly.
mouaad
#25mouaad Member Posts: 12  
posted: 7/23/2020 8:37:07 AM(UTC)
Any idea ?

Active Discussions

Lansweeper Help Desk Workflow
by  lswanson   Go to last post Go to first unread
Last post: Yesterday at 11:12:21 PM(UTC)
Lansweeper Changing to remote scanning due to COVID
by  FrankSc  
Go to last post Go to first unread
Last post: Yesterday at 9:35:26 PM(UTC)
Lansweeper Not giving hackers the Domain Admin password / account
by  FrankSc   Go to last post Go to first unread
Last post: Yesterday at 9:27:13 PM(UTC)
Lansweeper LsAgent failing - Lansweeper SSL Expired
by  lansweeper25t34  
Last post: Yesterday at 8:33:28 PM(UTC)
Lansweeper Is there a chance to get the firewall off via Lansweeper?
by  EDV_OHZ   Go to last post Go to first unread
Last post: Yesterday at 4:57:26 PM(UTC)
Lansweeper Merge Asset button
by  KeithBecker  
Last post: 8/5/2020 9:27:54 PM(UTC)
Lansweeper Merge Two Assets or Update Based on Serial Number
by  KeithBecker   Go to last post Go to first unread
Last post: 8/5/2020 9:25:16 PM(UTC)
Lansweeper Hyper-V guest assets
by  bgstein