cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DontByteMe
Engaged Sweeper III
Hello,

Newbie here again I was wondering if anyone knew how to make a report to scan and return all products from creative cloud. I want to see what versions of Photoshop and In-design Creative cloud has installed on a users machine. I want to push updates on particular people and make sure they stay up to date but at this time im also wanting a report to show me whom has what version.

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RCorbeil
Honored Sweeper II
Try something like this.
tblAssetCustom.State = 1
AND (tblSoftwareUni.softwareName LIKE 'Adobe Reader%'
OR tblSoftwareUni.softwareName LIKE 'Indesign%'
OR tblSoftwareUni.softwareName LIKE 'Photoshop%'
)

You only want to evaluate active assets, so you need the state=1 check clearly separated from the software name check. You want to check for any of multiple possible conditions, so you want to OR the software checks: if any one of the OR'd conditions is true, the block in parenthesis is true, so you've got a match.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Rob_B
Engaged Sweeper III
What is the entire query, please?
DontByteMe
Engaged Sweeper III
Had to run the following to work:

tblAssetCustom.State = 1
AND (tblSoftwareUni.softwareName LIKE '%Adobe Reader%'
OR tblSoftwareUni.softwareName LIKE '%Indesign%'
OR tblSoftwareUni.softwareName LIKE '%Photoshop%'
)

However Thank you so much RC62N
RCorbeil
Honored Sweeper II
Try something like this.
tblAssetCustom.State = 1
AND (tblSoftwareUni.softwareName LIKE 'Adobe Reader%'
OR tblSoftwareUni.softwareName LIKE 'Indesign%'
OR tblSoftwareUni.softwareName LIKE 'Photoshop%'
)

You only want to evaluate active assets, so you need the state=1 check clearly separated from the software name check. You want to check for any of multiple possible conditions, so you want to OR the software checks: if any one of the OR'd conditions is true, the block in parenthesis is true, so you've got a match.
DontByteMe
Engaged Sweeper III
Right so I have the following:

tblAssetCustom.State = 1
AND tblSoftwareUni.softwareName LIKE 'Adobe Reader%'

However I was unsure how to add more to the list.

Because the following doesn't work.

tblAssetCustom.State = 1
AND tblSoftwareUni.softwareName LIKE 'Adobe Reader%' Like 'Indesign%' Like 'Photoshop%'

This is the exact reason why I was asking the question. I am not great with this but im trying to learn.

Even by removing Like and replacing the other two with , commas I still get an error. So I am trying to learn how to add the extra. IF you have a better link that shows more than one software being read please forward me the link. I already looked up google with little to different search topics that didn't help me. I browsed around here too but not all topics or their results match the same nor help.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Take a look around the forum (or do a google search), I think there are plenty of report examples available that filter for a specific software.

For example: https://www.lansweeper.com/Forum/yaf_postst10248_Adobe-reader.aspx#post38763

Basically, you'll have to add the different software titles you want to filter for to the Where clause.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now