cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sunil_kalraOIT
Engaged Sweeper
We have deployed LSAgent and it did work initially. We now have the laptops roaming but they fail to check in.

The INI file has the external web address for the server. This is reachable from both in and outside.

When I check the log file, i can see that it goes to the external address (in the INI file) then tries to get to the internal address for the Lansweeper Server.

I found that this is coming from the LsAgentConfiguration.xml file. I have changed it to the external address but it has changed back. I suspect these settings are coming direct from the server once LsAgent has checked in using the address in the INI file.

How can I change this so that only the external name is used in the XML file?
1 REPLY 1
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
If during the setup for LsAgent, you've entered both a server address and a cloud relay key, LsAgent will always attempt to send the results to the server directly first, if this fails, it sends the results to the cloud relay.

The server listed in the .INI file is your local scan server you entered.
Settings in LsAgentConfiguration.xml are synced with your installation, but the file doesn't hold any connection info.

If you want to disable the direct server connection or the cloud relay connection, you can open LsAgent.ini and either remove anything after "Server=" or everything after "Agentkey="

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now