cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
roberto_m
Engaged Sweeper III
Hello,

Do you plan to have a 64 bit version of LSAgent for macOS? I'm asking because we are silently deploying LSAgent, but users are receiveing the following popup message that seems to be related to the fact LSAgent is a 32 bit apps:

Thanks!
6 REPLIES 6
kvellano
Engaged Sweeper
From a Jamf Discussion, if you happen to utilize Jamf (or other MDM for that matter).

https://github.com/rtrouton/profiles/blob/master/Disable32BitApplicationWarning/10.14/Disable32BitApplicationWarning.mobileconfig
kvellano
Engaged Sweeper
Not too mention - MacOS Catalina will not run 32bit Applications, so the clock is ticking on 32bit apps for Macs
roberto_m
Engaged Sweeper III
Kevin V wrote:
Not too mention - MacOS Catalina will not run 32bit Applications, so the clock is ticking on 32bit apps for Macs

yeap! I hope a 64bit agent is being worked.
roberto.m wrote:
Kevin V wrote:

yeap! I hope a 64bit agent is being worked.

I should mention - the agent itself is 64bit, but the installer is 32bit
kvellano
Engaged Sweeper
The issue is when deploying lsagent in an unattended instance...the user gets the pop-up.

I tried running the following before installing with the same result, unfortunately:

sudo defaults write -g CSUIDisable32BitWarning -boolean TRUE

Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
It's not yet planned, presumably because the 32-bit installer, while giving a warning, will not actually cause any compatibility issues. I have created a feature request for it however.