cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gsit
Engaged Sweeper II
Modified a vbs script found on the net and tested successfully on workstations

I save the script locally, then run cscript <script_file.vbs>

Usually when deploying packages I use a single 'Command' step to run a <command_file.cmd> from the {PackageShare} location. These work without issue.

In this case I tried to use a 'Script' step in the package to run the vbs script, so I:

1. Saved the vbs script file to {PackageShare} location
  2. Created a new Package TEST - WSUS Force Check, exported file attached
  3. Added a 'script' step that references the {PackageShare}\<script_file.vbs>

When I run the script it returns the following Result:

Package timeout reached. Stopping deployment executable: Successful. Timeout: (2100sec). Credential: (OMITTED). ShareCredential: (OMITTED).

Can anyone suggest why this doesn't work?
2 REPLIES 2
gsit
Engaged Sweeper II
Thanks Charles, I'll take your advise
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
It's best you contact our support team for this issue. Since the script is working and the deployment is rather simple, it's highly unlikely one of those is causing the issue.

It's best you send the following with the email:
  • Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\Errorlog.txt, as present on your Lansweeper server.
  • An .xml export of your deployment package. Select the package under Deployment\Packages and hit the Export button on the right side of the page, right below the package name.
  • Screenshot of a testconnection.exe test performed to one target machine with a failed deployment. Connect to the client machine's name (and not its IP address), as this is what Lansweeper connects to for deployments as well. Testconnection.exe can be found in Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Actions on your Lansweeper server. Perform the test from your Lansweeper server to the client machine, submit the machine's Windows credential and show the entire test window.
  • A copy of the script (if possible)