cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ajones
Engaged Sweeper
I am trying to setup custom scanning for Ubiquiti Access Points.

I have gathered some custom OIDs from the Ubiquiti OID post. An example one is '.1.3.6.1.2.1.1.5.0' which should return the device name, when I test using an MIB browser it does pull the correct data.

Unfortunately when I tried entering the OID into the custom scanning field, it says it is invalid. I removed the leading '.' and it did allow me to click OK to save the custom OID, but I am getting 0 scanned OID's when I rescan the asset. I am assuming this is because I couldn't enter the proper OID.

I have set the manufacturer name (Ubiquiti Networks Inc.), which was autofilled when I started typing it in, I have not set a device model, and the Asset Type filter has been set to "Wireless Access Points". I have double checked that the the APs are listed under Lansweeper as that asset type and that the Manfucaturer name I configured in the Custom OID configuration does match, so that shouldn't be the issue.

Has anyone been able to get custom OID scanning working with Ubiquiti APs?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
ajones
Engaged Sweeper
I was able to resolve this with the help of Lansweeper Support.

The issue was not with the OID, it was with the Custom OID Scanning Target.

The helpdesk agent I was speaking with mentioned that "Manually assigned asset types are not used, this is by design, as the asset data stored in your database is not referenced during scanning, the asset type found during scanning is used."

Perhaps these devices were not a part of the “Wireless Access Point” device type by default, as OID scanning did not work when I had the target set to Device Type = Wireless Access Point.

I created an asset group with all of the access points in it, and when I pointed the Scanning Target to be that Group everything started working.
ajones
Engaged Sweeper
Ok I have put in a support ticket, thanks for your help Charles.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Strange, in that case it's best to contact our support team so can log it as a bug. Just make sure to provide them with screenshots as proof.
ajones
Engaged Sweeper
Hey Charles thanks for the response. Sorry for the delay, I have been quite busy over the past week or so.

Yes, when I do an SNMP scan on one of our APs using OID ".1.3.6.1.2.1.1.5.0", It does return the
correct information.

Thanks,
Andrew
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Did you verified that the OID has information? Its best to use a third party tool to do a quick OID scan just to see if there is data.