cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
olgr
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi.

After update to V7 the rules for ignoring eMails do not work any longer. "postmaster@" for instance should be ignored and was ignored before.
Right now all of this bounces back and re-open a ticket automatically, as the system tries to send a closure eMail to an non existing user eMail address...

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Oliver
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
olgr
Engaged Sweeper II
Update:

This was my fault - I thought the ignore list will always be applied but in fact it's only for new emails (without a ticket reference in subject). I've added a mail rule to filter these eMails out.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
olgr
Engaged Sweeper II
Update:

This was my fault - I thought the ignore list will always be applied but in fact it's only for new emails (without a ticket reference in subject). I've added a mail rule to filter these eMails out.
olgr
Engaged Sweeper II
Thanks for this additional information - time to configure a spam mailer... LOL
Just a joke - again - thanks for this.
I've contacted the support already.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Actually, if you report a known issue, our support team will flag your ticket. The more customers have an issue, the higher priority the issue will get and as a result it will be fixed quicker.

It's obviously only one factor of how priority is deiced. But reporting known bugs does help.
olgr
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi.

Fair enough - I just had looked for a list of known/confirmed bugs somewhere - why reporting something which is already known?
I've made the same experience with Lansweeper support than you - they are great.

Thanks,
Oliver
olgr
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi...

Yes, the practical approach is what you recommend - however the issue that Lansweeper ignore settings didn't work remains.
I have done this work around - but this is a bug in Lansweeper (maybe). I wonder that I haven't find a way to report bugs to lansweeper...

Thanks,

Oliver
Leslie_Strooban
Engaged Sweeper III
Hi Oliver,

You can report bugs just fine by e-mail.
I find them quite responsive, and they give you PROPER answers.

In my experience, many software support tickets go along these lines:

Customer:
Hi, my computer won't boot. It shows me the Microsoft logo and then goes to a black screen. I've waited hours and nothing happens further

Microsoft:
I'm sorry to hear that you have a problem with your computer not booting.
Have you tried this Fixit yet? [broken link to fixit that fails to solve it's intended problem most of the time, doesn't even relate to your current problem and can't even be executed since your computer won't boot]

Lansweeper doesn't have that problem, at least not in my experience.
Every time I've mailed them, they've been to the point and provide actual advice/solutions.

When I do send a bug, they recognise it, apologise and log it.
Leslie_Strooban
Engaged Sweeper III
olgr wrote:
Hi.

After update to V7 the rules for ignoring eMails do not work any longer. "postmaster@" for instance should be ignored and was ignored before.
Right now all of this bounces back and re-open a ticket automatically, as the system tries to send a closure eMail to an non existing user eMail address...

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Oliver

Add a rule to your helpdesk mailbox to auto delete all mail coming from postmaster@.
I use this approach to ignore mails that are sent to our dynamic "everyone@" mailbox, and it works like a charm.

Edit: we meet again!

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now