cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MikeRigsby
Engaged Sweeper III
We use a fairly large number of Netgear ProSafe Plus switches (GS105Ev2, GS108Ev3, GS116Ev2) and I am trying to figure out what settings need to be enabled in order for LANSweeper to identify the clients plugged into these switches consistently.
It seems like sometimes it does, and sometimes it doesn't and I am not able to find out why some work and some don't.

Example: If I look in LANSweeper at the IP address of one of our IDF's I see all the ports in the switch stack. Some list the clients connected to those switches. :

1/0/23 PC1 and PC 2, etc.

Some simply say Uplink with no indication of what PCs are plugged into it. If I go out and look at both switches, they're identical models.

Anyone know how to get LANSweeper to "see" these switches, with their connected client PCs, instead of simply identifying them as "Uplink"?
1 REPLY 1
MikeRigsby
Engaged Sweeper III
MikeRigsby wrote:
We use a fairly large number of Netgear ProSafe Plus switches (GS105Ev2, GS108Ev3, GS116Ev2) and I am trying to figure out what settings need to be enabled in order for LANSweeper to identify the clients plugged into these switches consistently.
It seems like sometimes it does, and sometimes it doesn't and I am not able to find out why some work and some don't.

Example: If I look in LANSweeper at the IP address of one of our IDF's I see all the ports in the switch stack. Some list the clients connected to those switches. :

1/0/23 PC1 and PC 2, etc.

Some simply say Uplink with no indication of what PCs are plugged into it. If I go out and look at both switches, they're identical models.

Anyone know how to get LANSweeper to "see" these switches, with their connected client PCs, instead of simply identifying them as "Uplink"?

In the print screen clip that I've attached, there's a Netgear GS108Ev3 connected to Port 1/0/3 and it shows the connected client PCs just fine.
But, connected to ports 1/0/4 and 1/0/5 are a couple Netgear GS116Ev2 switches, which only say Uplink and don't show the attached clients. Functionally these two switches are identical, aside from the number of ports obviously, so I can't seem to figure out why LANSweeper is seeing them differently.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now