cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Leslie_Strooban
Engaged Sweeper III
This isn't much of an issue, but is there a way to disable the initial response time for tickets that have been initiated by the agent and are self-assigned?

I get that the initial response time makes sense even for agent initated tickets when there is no agent assigned during creation, or if there is another agent assigned. In those cases, an agent still needs to read about it and actually acknowledge that they will deal with the issue.

That's not really the case if you set yourself as the agent though.

Case:
I notice a Thing.
I create a ticket for the user, assign myself during ticket creating, check "agent initiated" and type "Hey User, I see that you have a Thing. I'm going to fix that for you!"

The ticket then goes to "initial response time" SLA.
I then have to make a ticket update. "Hey User. You know that Thing that three seconds ago I told you I was going to fix? Yeah, I'm totally going to do that now!".

Like I said, not a big issue, but I wanted to bring this to your attention.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support
This has been requested before and is currently on our customer wish list.

As a workaround for this specific scenario, you could create a ticket for the user but NOT check "agent initiated" and then type the description of the Thing.

Next you make a ticket update and type "Hey User, I see that you have a Thing. I'm going to fix that for you!".

This way your user only gets one email informing him/her of the Thing.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support
This has been requested before and is currently on our customer wish list.

As a workaround for this specific scenario, you could create a ticket for the user but NOT check "agent initiated" and then type the description of the Thing.

Next you make a ticket update and type "Hey User, I see that you have a Thing. I'm going to fix that for you!".

This way your user only gets one email informing him/her of the Thing.