cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yaang
Engaged Sweeper
I'm mainly trying to track Microsoft Office 2016 home and business licences. Now, I understand Office 2016 product keys are not listed in the registry and that is why Lansweeper can't get it automatically.

I do know which licence is installed on which workstation. I want to enter this info into Lansweeper but I couldn't find any way to do that. Is this possible ?
1 REPLY 1
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Is it possible? Yes.

It just depends how you want to add it. By default, Lansweeper does not have an option to add license keys you already know. It's designed to scan them. However, you can add the keys to the database regardless if you are confident with SQL scripts.

You would have to check first how many license keys have been scanned so you can determine at which SerialID you can start. Then you can modify the report below and change the fields to have the correct values.

SET IDENTITY_INSERT tblserialnumber ON
insert into tblSerialnumber (SerialID, AssetID, Product, ProductID, ProductKey, Lastchanged)
VALUES
(1,1,'Microsoft Office 2016', 'ProductID','ProductKey', GetDate()),
(2,2,'Microsoft Office 2016', 'ProductID','ProductKey', GetDate()),
(3,3,'Microsoft Office 2016', 'ProductID','ProductKey', GetDate())
SET IDENTITY_INSERT tblserialnumber OFF

The alternative is to add it to an asset custom field either trough the web console or again, using a script.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now