cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
olgr
Engaged Sweeper II
Hello community.

On highly critical topics we do have a process to frequently update a broader group of audience on the status. We call this a P1 or P2 incident. I would like to have lansweeper manage this communication automatically. But I did not found a way.
Basically what I would like to have:
If a ticket priority change to a specific value (high/critic) - automatically add other eMail address(es) to it and send initial prepared eMail.
I tried to just let the ticket assign another ticket type and therefore using another agent group, but this does not solve this wish. The people who need this P1/P2 communication are usually NOT working with lansweeper and are not agents - so I can not let them part of an agent group.

What would work (but it's not in the system) is having another eMail reply type "Priority change" together with an option to automatically add eMail addresses to a ticket on "Priority change" event.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Oliver
3 REPLIES 3
Leslie_Strooban
Engaged Sweeper III
I don't think I'll be able to help you, but I want to be sure I understand it correctly anyway.
Is this what you want?

• User opens a ticket
  • Agent picks it up, set on low priority
  • User or agent claims this has become an emergency
  • Agent changes priority from Low to Emergency
  • Lansweeper adds sysadmin@olgr.com and CTO@olgr.com as CC users on the ticket, and mails them the ticket history
  • From this point on, the ticket continues with User, Agent, and Sysadmin and CTO as CC users.

Just a wild thought here, can't you do it with e-mail flow rules and a predetermined status update?
What happens if a third party replies to an existing ticket, does he get added as a CC?
If so, you could solve it like this:

You update the ticket with the text "Priority change, new status: critical".
You set up an e-mail flow rule to detect this text body, and BCC that message to sysadmin@olgr.com and CTO@olgr.com.
Have sysadmin and CTO have an e-mail flow rule that when they get such an e-mail, they reply (with subject intact) to lansweeperhelpdesk@olgr.com.
IF replying to someone else's helpdesk ticket puts you as CC, they'd then be included in the ticket.

Not sure if that would work though, but if you really need this it could be worth a test.
Leslie Stroobant wrote:
I don't think I'll be able to help you, but I want to be sure I understand it correctly anyway.
Is this what you want?

• User opens a ticket
  • Agent picks it up, set on low priority
  • User or agent claims this has become an emergency
  • Agent changes priority from Low to Emergency
  • Lansweeper adds sysadmin@olgr.com and CTO@olgr.com as CC users on the ticket, and mails them the ticket history
  • From this point on, the ticket continues with User, Agent, and Sysadmin and CTO as CC users.

Just a wild thought here, can't you do it with e-mail flow rules and a predetermined status update?
What happens if a third party replies to an existing ticket, does he get added as a CC?
If so, you could solve it like this:

You update the ticket with the text "Priority change, new status: critical".
You set up an e-mail flow rule to detect this text body, and BCC that message to sysadmin@olgr.com and CTO@olgr.com.
Have sysadmin and CTO have an e-mail flow rule that when they get such an e-mail, they reply (with subject intact) to lansweeperhelpdesk@olgr.com.
IF replying to someone else's helpdesk ticket puts you as CC, they'd then be included in the ticket.

Not sure if that would work though, but if you really need this it could be worth a test.

WOW! Not a bad idea. But you have to relay on another system to setup eMail flow rules if I get you right. And you have to configure your CTO's inbox with an autorespond rule if mailbody contains something. Not sure if I want to touch these people boxes. Also - what happen if the "P1 communication group" changes?

Basically I want to have the P1/P2 Communication automated. Your idea should work, but will it work after a year? Will it remain working when user change their inboxes or just delete mail rules? I prefer fire-and-forget solutions... 😉

However, I can still advice agents IF they change priority to P1/P2 than they have to add an eMail address to the ticket - and this address is a recipient group.

At the end it's Lansweeper who needs to add some more triggers into the automation rules.
I would rename the section about "ticket autoclosing" to "automation" and add other options there.

Anyway - many thanks for your reply and your idea!
Leslie_Strooban
Engaged Sweeper III
olgr wrote:
WOW! Not a bad idea. But you have to relay on another system to setup eMail flow rules if I get you right. And you have to configure your CTO's inbox with an autorespond rule if mailbody contains something. Not sure if I want to touch these people boxes. Also - what happen if the "P1 communication group" changes?

Basically I want to have the P1/P2 Communication automated. Your idea should work, but will it work after a year? Will it remain working when user change their inboxes or just delete mail rules? I prefer fire-and-forget solutions... 😉

However, I can still advice agents IF they change priority to P1/P2 than they have to add an eMail address to the ticket - and this address is a recipient group.

At the end it's Lansweeper who needs to add some more triggers into the automation rules.
I would rename the section about "ticket autoclosing" to "automation" and add other options there.

Anyway - many thanks for your reply and your idea!

Yeah, having this kind of thing implemented in lansweeper would be the better method by a long shot.

Anyway, just because I like to think of solutions:

olgr wrote:
Will it remain working when user change their inboxes or just delete mail rules?

Don't add the autorespond rules to the user mailbox, set it up as a response from the group. You need to keep the group members updated anyway, so that way it'll keep working, even after some time.
I'm pretty sure you should be able to set up the rights of the group so users can't delete rules, so that might fix that.

Just telling the agents to add the correct CC's upon priority changes is way easier though, so if possible I'd go with that as well. 🙂
Although I fear that system might also not be fire-and-forget as well, most wetware systems still have that bug that unexplicably deletes scripts and variables for no reason, for which there still doesn't seem to be a patch!