cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amagner
Engaged Sweeper II
So how does one go about disabling the license nag. Right now, we have no plans to try/buy the new features, just want to use it like we have for years. The yellow warning icon is gonna be a pain point for admins of the system; users contacting you to find out why there's a warning icon on the screen now...
10 REPLIES 10
ghelpdesk
Champion Sweeper
Perhaps instead of the warning sign, just list what license type is in use? It can still be a clickable object to list new features not active so that users who have no control over the licensing currently in use wont click on it thinking there is a system or user fault.
ralmada
Engaged Sweeper
Almost two years and nothing has changed related to this. This "subtle" (abusive) way of forcing/asking us to buy a license is very annoying.
stiwa
Champion Sweeper
+1
cscherrey
Engaged Sweeper III
I also do not want the license nag at the bottom of the screen after you log in. I have to hide it every time.
MiniWalks
Engaged Sweeper
Also,

I've just changed the Warning16.png to a fully transparent image file since it doesnt seem to be referenced elsewhere.

#workaround 😉
MiniWalks
Engaged Sweeper
+1

Considering rolling back to remove it as it is a poor design that it cant be acknowledged and then hidden.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
I've moved this to the wishlist while we investigate changes to the UI. Unfortunately, I can't promise how, when or if changes will be made. But it's being looked at.
bobuddha
Engaged Sweeper II
+1
rwoolley
Engaged Sweeper II
amagner wrote:
So how does one go about disabling the license nag. Right now, we have no plans to try/buy the new features, just want to use it like we have for years. The yellow warning icon is gonna be a pain point for admins of the system; users contacting you to find out why there's a warning icon on the screen now...

+1 here. There needs to be a way to remove a license nag. That it's not removable screams "annoy the customer in to upgrading". It's one thing if that's listed in the license management tab/screen, that's fine and acceptable. To have it as a warning indicator that's on every page you're on is just bad design choice. I've already had to answer the question to internal admins several times and ended up just blasting out an email to all the admins using it.