Notification

Icon
Error

LS 7 Helpdesk

Posted: Friday, September 14, 2018 3:42:43 PM(UTC)
krejar

krejar

Member Original PosterPosts: 66
Are there any new features to the Helpdesk with LS 7? I am not seeing any documentation on it anywhere.
Esben.D
#1Esben.D Member Administration Posts: 1,768  
posted: 9/17/2018 9:41:57 AM(UTC)
If you want a full overview of the changes, it is best to check our changelog. However, just to confirm, there are indeed no help desk features included in the Lansweeper 7 update.

This update is purely focused on asset discovery since we released some help desk improvements at the beginning of the summer.
Teebs88
#2Teebs88 Member Posts: 9  
posted: 9/19/2018 8:02:35 PM(UTC)
This is certainly frustrating as there are multiple posts on this forum promising new helpdesk features, namely linked/child tickets, in the next Lansweeper release. Most of these posts reference LS 6.1 or 6.2, however we've gone to 7 without these features appearing. Can we be given an estimate on when these features will actually be added?
Esben.D
#3Esben.D Member Administration Posts: 1,768  
posted: 9/20/2018 11:15:46 AM(UTC)
Those references are unfortunately outdated and were based on information available at the time. At the time, the plan was to continue version numbering with 6. Which is why you see the references to 6.1 and 6.2.

Along with the development cycle, the version numbering was also revised. Lansweeper 7 kind of marks the beginning of both of these as we're now on a spring and fall release schedule. The features included in Lansweeper 7 were just some of the features that were are the top of the list.

I can't really say what will be in the spring release, as the development process of that update is only just starting. Generally speaking the highest requested features tend to get development priority.

Teebs88
#4Teebs88 Member Posts: 9  
posted: 9/20/2018 5:24:42 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Charles.X Go to Quoted Post
Those references are unfortunately outdated and were based on information available at the time. At the time, the plan was to continue version numbering with 6. Which is why you see the references to 6.1 and 6.2.

Along with the development cycle, the version numbering was also revised. Lansweeper 7 kind of marks the beginning of both of these as we're now on a spring and fall release schedule. The features included in Lansweeper 7 were just some of the features that were are the top of the list.

I can't really say what will be in the spring release, as the development process of that update is only just starting. Generally speaking the highest requested features tend to get development priority.

Are linked/parent-child tickets anywhere on the roadmap? This is a pretty common feature in most helpdesk software and I'm genuinely surprised it hasn't been added yet, community demand or not.
faccin_a
#5faccin_a Member Posts: 3  
posted: 9/21/2018 8:13:55 AM(UTC)
The subticket concept ( linked/parent-child as we want to call it) is very important for those of us who control complex projects.

Now we modify the titles to facilitate searches ... Let's say it's not the best with hundreds of tickets open.
I control every release note in the hope of finding it.
Esben.D
#6Esben.D Member Administration Posts: 1,768  
posted: 9/21/2018 9:49:49 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Teebs88 Go to Quoted Post
Are linked/parent-child tickets anywhere on the roadmap? This is a pretty common feature in most helpdesk software and I'm genuinely surprised it hasn't been added yet, community demand or not.

I wish I could give you specifics, at the moment, we're only just starting to assemble and scope out the features that we might put in the spring release. The development team has to carefully scope out every feature to determine how long development will take and which features we will have time for to implement.
faccin_a
#7faccin_a Member Posts: 3  
posted: 1/16/2019 6:49:40 PM(UTC)
Hi,
Is there anything new about this feature?
This "flat" structure makes things complicated
harringg
#8harringg Member Posts: 124  
posted: 2/9/2019 10:35:03 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: faccin_a Go to Quoted Post
The subticket concept ( linked/parent-child as we want to call it) is very important for those of us who control complex projects.

Now we modify the titles to facilitate searches ... Let's say it's not the best with hundreds of tickets open.

Not a true linked system, but if you type something like: "See child ticket #12345" in ticket #54321, it'll create a link to ticket in #12345 in the notes field of the existing ticket.

You'd have to do the same to go back to "See parent ticket #54321" in ticket #12345, not elegant, but it works.
Teebs88
#9Teebs88 Member Posts: 9  
posted: 2/9/2019 10:44:15 PM(UTC)
Hi,
Is there anything new about this feature?
This "flat" structure makes things complicated

They haven't mentioned anything about this feature since they were talking about the v6 releases, before the new development cycle structure started. I'm not expecting us to get this feature any time soon - we're starting to look for alternatives since Lansweeper is missing basic service desk features like this and CAB's.
UEFT
#10UEFT Member Posts: 5  
posted: 2/26/2019 1:45:01 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Esben.D Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Teebs88 Go to Quoted Post

I wish I could give you specifics, at the moment, we're only just starting to assemble and scope out the features that we might put in the spring release. The development team has to carefully scope out every feature to determine how long development will take and which features we will have time for to implement.

Has there been any movement on this feature? Subtickets would be a big plus for properly controlling IT Projects.

CyberCitizen
#11CyberCitizen Member Posts: 196  
posted: 4/3/2019 7:37:38 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: harringg Go to Quoted Post

Not a true linked system, but if you type something like: "See child ticket #12345" in ticket #54321, it'll create a link to ticket in #12345 in the notes field of the existing ticket.

You'd have to do the same to go back to "See parent ticket #54321" in ticket #12345, not elegant, but it works.

Great tip, but its a shame that this simple feature isn't added yet.
dr.sah
#12dr.sah Member Posts: 30  
posted: 4/9/2019 7:43:10 AM(UTC)
maybe is time to move on other help desk software?
CyberCitizen
#13CyberCitizen Member Posts: 196  
posted: 4/9/2019 7:51:12 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: dr.sah Go to Quoted Post
maybe is time to move on other help desk software?

I personally don't use LS Helpdesk, I use it as an asset system as that is what it was originally designed for. We required an ITIL based helpdesk system, so LS wasn't suitable. But for a smaller company, I can see LS being perfect for it.

Active Discussions

Lansweeper Active Assets Versus Non-Active
by  RC62N   Go to last post Go to first unread
Last post: Yesterday at 9:29:26 PM(UTC)
Report Center Low Hard Disk Space (coloured) - Win+Linux
by  Olivier J.  
Go to last post Go to first unread
Last post: Yesterday at 4:16:02 PM(UTC)
Lansweeper check if process is running report
by  Randomusername   Go to last post Go to first unread
Last post: Yesterday at 3:29:16 PM(UTC)
Lansweeper Top 10 users submitting tickets