cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LuX
Engaged Sweeper II
Hello, we are testing Lansweeper and trying to find is it good for our needs.

Multiple scanning
I have question about configuring Lansweeper to scan multiple networks.
We have VPN network with 160 servers with their own LAN (every server is on LAN and WAN).
Every server is on their own workgroup network and has approx. 10 workstations.
Is there a way to scan every workgroup and collect IT assessments from all locations and store it to our SQL server.

Thank you for help.
4 REPLIES 4
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
As long as LsPush can contact the scanning server it should work. The route the traffic takes is of less importance.

The article contains the command you can use to test your LsPush connection.
LuX
Engaged Sweeper II
Thank you for info and help, we will try to test first lspush option.

I will be in contact with you.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
For your specific situation I would recommend using lspush. You can create a scheduled task on all your workgroup computers which will trigger Lspush (to scan the computers on logon) and send the results back their local server. The local server (which is connected to the scanning server) can then forward the Lspush files to the import folder of the scanning server.

As an alternative you can use a ftp/cloud server to gather all the lspush files and forward it to the Lansweeper server. You'll have to see what you find the best option for your situation.

For setting up the scheduled task you can follow this knowldgebase article: https://www.lansweeper.com/kb/273/how-to-scan-windows-computers-with-the-lspush-scanning-agent-in-a-scheduled-task.html
LuX
Engaged Sweeper II
Charles.X wrote:
For your specific situation I would recommend using lspush. You can create a scheduled task on all your workgroup computers which will trigger Lspush (to scan the computers on logon) and send the results back their local server. The local server (which is connected to the scanning server) can then forward the Lspush files to the import folder of the scanning server.

As an alternative you can use a ftp/cloud server to gather all the lspush files and forward it to the Lansweeper server. You'll have to see what you find the best option for your situation.

For setting up the scheduled task you can follow this knowldgebase article: https://www.lansweeper.com/kb/273/how-to-scan-windows-computers-with-the-lspush-scanning-agent-in-a-scheduled-task.html

Is there a way to use LsPush with proxy (port 8080)

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now