cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RInns
Engaged Sweeper
Hello,

My company is currently seeing a lot of event logs related to not communicating with the domain. Is there a way to run a report in LanSweeper to see specific event logs on machines in the domain? Or do we have to look at each of our 1000 machines individually?

i.e.

GroupPolicy Event 1129 System NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM 04/18/2018 16:34:19

The processing of Group Policy failed because of lack of network connectivity to a domain controller. This may be a transient condition. A success message would be generated once the machine gets connected to the domain controller and Group Policy has succesfully processed. If you do not see a success message for several hours, then contact your administrator.

OR

NETLOGON Event 5719 System 04/18/2018 16:34:16

This computer was not able to set up a secure session with a domain controller in domain ACKLIE due to the following:
There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request.
This may lead to authentication problems. Make sure that this computer is connected to the network. If the problem persists, please contact your domain administrator.

ADDITIONAL INFO
If this computer is a domain controller for the specified domain, it sets up the secure session to the primary domain controller emulator in the specified domain. Otherwise, this computer sets up the secure session to any domain controller in the specified domain.
2 REPLIES 2
RInns
Engaged Sweeper
Thank you for the info Charles, I'll have to take a look at this and test it out! Might be just what were looking for.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Take a look at the build-in report "Windows: Error events generated in last 7 days", you can also find it here: https://www.lansweeper.com/forum/yaf_postst15670_Windows--Events-generated-in-last-7-days.aspx

You can modify the report to display all event types and add criteria for specific events.

Do note that if you want non-error events to be scanned, you will have to enable it first, more information about scanning non-error events can be found in this knowledgebase article: https://www.lansweeper.com/kb/128/scanning-non-error-events.html