cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ajacinth
Engaged Sweeper
Hi,

Sorry if this question was asked before. However I have created a report that checks for specific MS patches. After scanning a 2012 R2 server the patches are not being picked up by the scan, only some of them. See attached image. Items in grey do not appear on the asset quickfix report.

LanSweeper_Scan

What can account for this?
Thanks in advance.
4 REPLIES 4
ajacinth
Engaged Sweeper
Thanks for your help. I think what is happening is the specific updates I am looking for get superseded and then when looking for it, it is no longer there. This make reporting difficult as I am finding I have to keep updating the report adding new KBs that have taken place of the old ones.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
The most common reason for information missing from assets is that the WMI class does not have the information and therefore Lansweeper does not have it. For checking what your WMI class has you can run the following command in PowersShell:

Get-WmiObject Win32_QuickFixEngineering

I suspect that the information you are missing will also not be available in the WMI class.
Thanks
Anthony
heybobby1
Engaged Sweeper III
Hi Anthony, are the updates picked up on other servers? If so, it could be an issue with the WMI on that one server and you might be able to fix it. I've seen this before. See my post: https://www.lansweeper.com/forum/yaf_postst16018_A-fix-for-Lansweeper-not-reporting-on-installed-Windows-updates.aspx#post53934