cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amcafee
Engaged Sweeper
I added a new SNMPv3 credential and mapped it to an existing subnet for network switches. Previously, Lansweeper was gathering info from the network switches on that subnet using the default Global Credentials (SNMPv2 I'm thinking). These new SNMPv3 credentials are Read-only.

How can I verify that the new SNMPv3 credentials are being used?

I have read the answer to this older question but not sure how to go about verifying the credential being used in my situation since deployment isn't an option.

I am trying to avoid deleting every other possible Global Credential that could have been used, as a process of elimination of the previous Global Credential that was being used.
1 REPLY 1
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
If you want to ensure that the mapped credentials are being used, the easiest way would be to restart your Lansweeper service in services.msc.

Lansweeper will cache which credentials were last successfully used and will use them again if possible. When the service is restarted, this cache is cleared and Lansweeper will try the mapped credentials fist. If these fail, the global credentials are tried.

As a test you could also try to do a rescan of the asset after making the global credential incorrect. If the last seen gets updated regardless, you know it is using the mapped credential.