cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pvanlien
Engaged Sweeper III
Lansweeper got the deployment tool integrated which a system admin can use to deploy packages. I am looking for a way that we can make these packages available to users which they then can select to install without having a sys admin to deploy them. Is there any way/possibilty to achive this. Thank you in advance.
3 REPLIES 3
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
I'll link this topic to the existing feature request. It's something that has been requested before by others.
pvanlien
Engaged Sweeper III
Thanks for you answer, can you maybe put on the wishlist if it is possible to create a page were users can select packages to install which are approved by an administrator? In my opinion this will be a great addon.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
The only way to let users choose deployment packages is to give them the permissions to deploy the packages themselves. However, this gives them access to a lot more than just their own machine so keep that in mind.
Users with the permissions below can view all assets and asset related reports. Deploy on all assets, edit deployment packages and configurations.

The permissions needed to access and run deployment packages are the following:
  • Access Asset Management
  • Access Deployment