cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mwrobo09
Champion Sweeper
1. ADD CONDITION TO CHECK FOR APP RUNNING
Add an option when creating a deployment for conditions that looks to see if a specific app is running before continuing. For windows this would be great, but other OSs as well would be helpful. I know this can be done at a DOS batch file by doing the following.

set EXE=FILENAME
FOR /F %%x IN ('tasklist /NH /FI "IMAGENAME eq %EXE%"') DO IF %%x == %EXE% goto FOUND

It would be great if the condition was built in so I do not have to call a batch file and then under the deployment status to show deployment failed because app was running.

2. DEPLOYMENT UNINSTALL FEATURE
An option that would do the opposite of what a deployment did. This may not be possible in all situations, but where a deployment is used and all steps are programmed in, something that would just do the opposite. So if in first step it was a copy or move, uninstall would delete or MSI install would run the uninstaller.

3. OPTION TO COPY A STEP WITHIN THE DEPLOYMENT
There are many times when I am creating a deployment that I have similar steps and only have to change something small, it would be nice to have the ability to have a button to duplicate a step to save time.

4. SECURITY GROUP TO ALLOW DEPLOYMENT AND NOT EDIT OR CREATE
This was in a previous request I made and just wanted to make sure it did not fall off the radar.

5. REPORTING OF DEPLOYMENTS WHEN HAVING MULTIPLE SCAN SERVERS
Currently when I look to see status of a mass deployment, it can be difficult to make sure it was successful. In order to see I have to click on the scan server that the computer is associated with to find status when doing multiple deployments. It would be nice to have a master list that showed the status of all deployments and what server they were deployed from. Then when clicking on each individual scanserver it only shows deployments that were deployed from that scanserver.

6. SHOW ONLY FAILED DEPLOYMENTS IN REPORT
Adding to #5 an option to filter by successful or not would be helpful.

Thanks, love the product, keep up the good work.
Marty W

9 REPLIES 9
mlachance
Engaged Sweeper III
Yes, granular deployment permissions is a must. Countless times, technicians go in and accidentally disable all of the deployment packages. Or, in other cases, poke around the existing deployment packages and make changes. In one instance, deployment packages were deleted by a technician.

The request for granular permissions to the deployment tab have been on the wish list for over 3 years (since 2016). Please, please, do something about this.

If granular control is too much work right now, at least provide a way to enable/disable the tab for users/groups, while still allowing the "Deploy Package" option on the left side bar. I believe this was overlooked in the inception of the deployment feature.

The product is great, and I won't use another, however, with LS subscription costs on the rise, I simply say...

"Throw the Lansweeper community a bone please." (Add option to Enable / Disable Deployment tab)
ghelpdesk
Champion Sweeper
Please prioritise #4 (more granular deployment access levels). It has meant the option has been taken away from our core helpdesk team for sometime since moving to v6.
caverna
Engaged Sweeper III
+10 to 9!!! 🙂
mwrobo09
Champion Sweeper
More possible ideas to add to the list.

8. I see there is the condition check for an OS or OS Architecture. Which is great to create separate deployments for each OS. It would be nice to select multiple OSs instead of having to create a step for each OS.

9. The ability to select disable deployment on certain machines. I do not want anyone to deploy anything to a server. Again I can use the solution that I use in the previous step, but a field to disable deployments on an assets so that nothing is pushed to the pc.

10. The ability in conditions to look at other items like custom fields or to see if a pc is in a asset list or dynamic list.
ufficioced
Champion Sweeper
7-RETURN A VALUE AFTER DEPLOYMENT AND SAVE IT

some deployment scripts could return a value, adding it to an asset custom field could be very helpful
Mic
Engaged Sweeper
Also add Deployment Step to Run Other Deployment
caverna
Engaged Sweeper III
+1 to 3 and 4!
Cam
Engaged Sweeper II
+1 to number 4

Also, be able to change the deployment credentials to a custom user.
tgt
Engaged Sweeper III
You can accomplish your first point by inserting the following command:
QPROCESS "myprocess.exe">NUL

This would return 0 if the process is running.

From here on you can work with the Actions for Success and Failure...