cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crashff
Champion Sweeper
I was going through the Scanned Item Intervals to adjust timings, and I ran across WMI entries that have been depricated/obsolete since Server 2003. It might be nice to have some kind of popup information or color indicator that these are depricated/obsolete.

Specifically: Win32_DisplayConfiguration, Win32_DisplayControllerConfiguration

An additional item for the wishlist (that I last saw on these forums in 2009!) is the ability to ADD a Custom WMI scan.
Scanning hardware driver versions through WMI is a simple process, and it would be nice to know which machines need a driver update due to a security issue.

The WMI scan I'm using currently is done through powershell to a text file export, but I'd like to be able to use the reporting in LanSweeper to organize the data.

GWMI Win32_PnPSignedDriver | select Friendlyname,devicename,driverversion

Based on unfiltered reports from 40+ machines, the only data required from the Win32_PnPSignedDriver are the following:

ClassGuid
CompatID
DeviceID
DeviceName
DriverDate
DriverName
DriverProviderName
DriverVersion
FriendlyName
HardWareID
InfName
IsSigned
Manufacturer
PDO
Signer

Any other data is either duplicated on every device, or is empty.
1 REPLY 1
dussan
Engaged Sweeper II
crashff wrote:
I
GWMI Win32_PnPSignedDriver | select Friendlyname,devicename,driverversion

Based on unfiltered reports from 40+ machines, the only data required from the Win32_PnPSignedDriver are the following:

ClassGuid
CompatID
DeviceID
DeviceName
DriverDate
DriverName
DriverProviderName
DriverVersion
FriendlyName
HardWareID
InfName
IsSigned
Manufacturer
PDO
Signer

Any other data is either duplicated on every device, or is empty.

I also need driver versions because I have to update some of them - GWMI Win32_PnPSignedDrive has all the data I need.