cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WilfriedB
Engaged Sweeper
We have created an MSP-file to uninstall older Office versions and to install Office 2016 in silent mode.

When we give the following command in a CMD-window on a pc it works correctly
\\<our server>\DefaultPackageShare$\Installers\Office2016\setup.exe /adminfile "\\<our server>\DefaultPackageShare$\Installers\Office2016\Office2016ProPlus32.MSP"
(with <our server> filled in)

but when we use it in a Lansweeper deployment installer it doesn't.
{PackageShare}\Installers\Office2016\setup.exe /adminfile "{PackageShare}\Installers\Office2016\Office2016ProPlus32.MSP"

{PackageShare} is valid. We have already made other working deployments.

The following error is given:
Result: Deployment ended: Incorrect function. Stop(Failure). Credential: (<our server admin>). ShareCredential: (lansweeper).
Command: "\\<our server>\DefaultPackageShare$\Installers\Office2016\setup.exe /adminfile "\\<our server>\DefaultPackageShare$\Installers\Office2016\Office2016ProPlus32.MSP""

What can be the problem?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
WilfriedB
Engaged Sweeper
TheITGuy, thanks for your solution.

I made the mistake to put the setup.exe with its parameters in the 'Install File' field.
Now I have put the parameters in the "Parameters" field and it works (with the msp file).

Install File: {PackageShare}\Installers\Office2016\setup.exe

Parameters: /adminfile "{PackageShare}\Installers\Office2016\Office2016ProPlus32.MSP"

Result Command: "{PackageShare}\Installers\Office2016\setup.exe" /adminfile "{PackageShare}\Installers\Office2016\Office2016ProPlus32.MSP"

So the problem is solved.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Peter_Riederer
Engaged Sweeper III
Why dont you use the uninstall any older office version option of Office 2016 while installing it with a msp-file?
This is the most comfort way to remove/update a new office version. We dont have any issues with this, switching from 2010 -> 2013 -> 2016 -> 2019

devinw0985
Engaged Sweeper
I realized that after I made the post. I have corrected that and still get a timeout issue.
TheITGuy
Engaged Sweeper III
Devin W. wrote:
I realized that after I made the post. I have corrected that and still get a timeout issue.

Are you still getting the issue? How long do you have the install set for?
TheITGuy wrote:
Devin W. wrote:

I have it set for 20 minutes
TheITGuy
Engaged Sweeper III
Devin W. wrote:
TheITGuy wrote:
Devin W. wrote:

What is your full script? Are you trying to remove another version of office before installing this one? is there other versions of office products on the test machine you are trying on? You cant mix C2R installs and msi installers. Also add logging to the install and see what that reports back.

TheITGuy wrote:
Devin W. wrote:
TheITGuy wrote:
Devin W. wrote:

What is your full script? Are you trying to remove another version of office before installing this one? is there other versions of office products on the test machine you are trying on? You cant mix C2R installs and msi installers. Also add logging to the install and see what that reports back.

Currently there is Office 2010 on the machines that I am trying to install Office 2016 on. I do not have anything set to uninstall previous versions. I have never used lansweeper before and I am not really sure how to make this all work or what I need to have in the installer package to actually have this run successfully. I have been trying different methods that I have found on this forum to try. I do not know how to add logging or run the script in a command prompt to test either (I tried that). The installer that I have looks like this:

Install file: {PackageShare}\Installers\2016_STD\setup.exe

Parameters: /adminfile {PackageShare}\Installers\2016_STD\****_std_full.MSP
TheITGuy
Engaged Sweeper III
Devin W. wrote:
TheITGuy wrote:
Devin W. wrote:
TheITGuy wrote:
Devin W. wrote:

Currently there is Office 2010 on the machines that I am trying to install Office 2016 on. I do not have anything set to uninstall previous versions. I have never used lansweeper before and I am not really sure how to make this all work or what I need to have in the installer package to actually have this run successfully. I have been trying different methods that I have found on this forum to try. I do not know how to add logging or run the script in a command prompt to test either (I tried that). The installer that I have looks like this:

So that is probably the issue. You need to uninstall the existing version of office and any other office products like visio or project and install the same versions.

This post is a good one for you to follow:

https://www.lansweeper.com/forum/yaf_postst11371_Installer---Microsoft-Office.aspx#post42358

TheITGuy wrote:
Devin W. wrote:
TheITGuy wrote:
Devin W. wrote:
TheITGuy wrote:
Devin W. wrote:

So that is probably the issue. You need to uninstall the existing version of office and any other office products like visio or project and install the same versions.

This post is a good one for you to follow:

https://www.lansweeper.com/forum/yaf_postst11371_Installer---Microsoft-Office.aspx#post42358

I just tried that and it does not work due to the fact that I do not have a registry entry for office14. I have 3 separate keys for office in the registry. I added a comment on the other post for some help with this also.
TheITGuy
Engaged Sweeper III
You should select at the bottom of your installer step:

Action on Success - Stop (Success)
Action on Failure - Stop (Failure)

This should be on the last step of every deployment you create , if there are multiple ones, the prior ones should say what ever you need to happen.