cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ldockery
Engaged Sweeper II
It appears the HP warranty status on workstations is not working at all.

Lansweeper correctly checks the warranty status for servers, but not for workstations.

I just spent two days manually checking every HP serial number we have so I could fill in a purchase date in a spreadsheet so I could isolate the oldest 1/4 of all of our equipment for yearly refresh.

Lansweeper has the serial number for all of these, but it is not looking them up. It appears to be a 100% failure rate for lookup on the workstations.

Any way to fix this?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Warranty scanning issues caused by the changes HP made to its website have been patched. If you are still having issues with HP warranty scanning, please go through the Lansweeper update and other troubleshooting steps in this knowledge base article.

Keep in mind that it is normal for some of the URLs listed in the article to return errors when accessed directly. We only documented the base URLs Lansweeper uses to retrieve warranty information. For each individual asset, another section will be added to the URL.

If you've gone through all troubleshooting steps in the aforementioned article and are still having issues, contact support@lansweeper.com and provide:
  • Description of the problem.
  • Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\Errorlog.txt, as present on your Lansweeper server.
  • Screenshot of the Summary tab of one problem asset's Lansweeper webpage.
  • Excel output of the following built-in report in the Reports tab: "Assets: Warranty scanning errors".

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Warranty scanning issues caused by the changes HP made to its website have been patched. If you are still having issues with HP warranty scanning, please go through the Lansweeper update and other troubleshooting steps in this knowledge base article.

Keep in mind that it is normal for some of the URLs listed in the article to return errors when accessed directly. We only documented the base URLs Lansweeper uses to retrieve warranty information. For each individual asset, another section will be added to the URL.

If you've gone through all troubleshooting steps in the aforementioned article and are still having issues, contact support@lansweeper.com and provide:
  • Description of the problem.
  • Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\Errorlog.txt, as present on your Lansweeper server.
  • Screenshot of the Summary tab of one problem asset's Lansweeper webpage.
  • Excel output of the following built-in report in the Reports tab: "Assets: Warranty scanning errors".
d_i_saunders
Engaged Sweeper III
We have the same... have HP blocked this again?
Is it working for anyone..
caverna
Engaged Sweeper III
d.i.saunders wrote:
We have the same... have HP blocked this again?
Is it working for anyone..

Yes, it's blocked again!
https://services.isee.hp.com/

caverna
Engaged Sweeper III
Even manually triggering warranty rescan (after changing scan item interval to 1) the warranties still not being updating...
An interesting thing is, the 'LastWarrantyTry' column is not changing at all!
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
A final note for anyone that might be having a similar issue. After updating to 6.0.150 or higher, please ensure you manually trigger a warranty rescan of your assets. You can manually rescan your warranties in two ways:
  1. On the asset's page:
    rescan warranty

2. In Configuration\Server Options: rescan warranty

By default warranties are only scanned once every 120 days. You can change this in Scanning\Scanned Item Interval. More info about the scanned item interval can be found in this knowledgebase article: https://www.lansweeper.com/kb/115/managing-how-often-specific-data-is-scanned.html

If you are still having issues with warranty scanning I would recommend sending an email our support team (support@lansweeper.com) with the following files:
  • Screenshots of one problem client machine's Lansweeper webpage. Show the following tabs: Summary, Scan Time, Errors (if it exists).
  • An Excel output of the built-in report "Assets: Warranty scanning errors"
Our support team will be able to test the functionality of the warranty scanning and if needed forward information to the development team.
caverna
Engaged Sweeper III
Done! But I'd like to point that there's nothing useful in those files.
I did sent the 'web50repassetwarrantyerrors' report.
This report contains the actual error messages and how to reproduce.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
If you are still having issues with warranty scanning I would recommend sending an email our support team (support@lansweeper.com) with the following files:
  • Screenshots of one problem client machine's Lansweeper webpage. Show the following tabs: Summary, Scan Time, Errors (if it exists).
  • An Excel output of the built-in report "Assets: Warranty scanning errors"
Our support team will be able to test the functionality of the warranty scanning and if needed forward information to the development team.
caverna
Engaged Sweeper III
Release notes for 6.0.150.50 says:
Fixed: #590387 Due to changes in the HP website, warranty information of HP Inc assets cannot be scanned
But still the same error message:
https://support.hp.com/hp-pps-services/os/getWarrantyInfo?cc=us&lc=en&counpurchase=us&serialnum=3CQ0212Y9F&redirectPage=WarrantyResult
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
We have been looking at several potential ways to resolve the issue and have been in contact with HP to try and resolve this issue. If everything goes according to plan, a fix should be released in the near future.

Do note that HP Enterprise products warranty should still function. This problem is only related to non HP Enterprise products.