cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
laengu
Engaged Sweeper

This installer will install the Lenovo System Update if not already installed, then afterwards search for new drivers and utilities in the background.
After giving the tool 2 minutes it will ask the user how to proceed with the installation of the packages.

The user has the choice between:
1. Now
2. After next restart
3. Postpone

As a limitation the user can only postpone the installation twice, which in our company is 2 months. After that the user has only the choice between now and after the next restart.

4 REPLIES 4
kaldoand
Engaged Sweeper
Hi, seems this stops in step 4 because of timeout. i added double time but still same. What can be wrong?
TheITGuy
Engaged Sweeper III
kaldoand wrote:
Hi, seems this stops in step 4 because of timeout. i added double time but still same. What can be wrong?

I was having problems to with the latest version, found an older version and it worked fine. Looks like 5.07.0093 might have an issue.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Very nice showcase of what is possible with the deployment module

Two quick things to help people who want to use this package.
  1. Don't forget to put the scripts in PackageShare\Scripts and the executable in PackageShare\Installers\LenovoSystemUpdate
  2. You can download the executable here: https://support.lenovo.com/be/en/downloads/ds012808
laengu
Engaged Sweeper
Charles.X wrote:
Very nice showcase of what is possible with the deployment module

Two quick things to help people who want to use this package.
  1. Don't forget to put the scripts in PackageShare\Scripts and the executable in PackageShare\Installers\LenovoSystemUpdate
  2. You can download the executable here: https://support.lenovo.com/be/en/downloads/ds012808

Thanks, and yes you're right, forgot to mention that you have to put the files into the correct folders.
It was a bit try and error at first, but I'm quite satisfied with the result.