cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joshmaline
Engaged Sweeper
Let me preface this post with 'I'm new to LANSweeper and software deployment in general' so please point me in the right direction if my route is off track.

For this deployment, I have 2 questions
-Why does my deployment timeout even after the install is successful? Package timeout reached. Stopping deployment executable: Successful. Timeout: (1500sec). Credential: (domain\username). ShareCredential: (domain\username).

-When the computer is idle (No users are logged onto the workstation) The installation fails? Result: Deployment ended: Unknown error (0x426a). Stop(Failure). Credential: (domain\Username). ShareCredential: (domain\Username). Command: "C:\o365\Default.bat"

We are deploying O365 via lansweeper. Because the installation files are 1.6 GB in size the decision was made to copy files to the workstation and run the installation locally. We are using a .bat to call the setup.exe /configure default.xml This process works when I run the .bat manually, and it partially works when I deploy the package from lansweeper (ie. the software installs, but lansweeper reports a timeout). When I check to see if all of the software is usable, it's good to go. This is a decent size deployment and it would be really helpful if lansweeper reported success or failure correctly. Is there something I am missing that is causing this deployment to fail, seems like something is prompting the user, but because the display level is set to 'none' I don't see it. I've tried with with display level as 'Full' and it prompts the user to click close to end the installation, but I would expect 'None' bypass that requirement.

bat file contents
@echo off
C:\O365\setup.exe /configure C:\O365\default.xml
EXIT

xml file contents
<Configuration>
<Add SourcePath="C:\O365"
OfficeClientEdition="32"
Channel="Broad">
<Product ID="O365ProPlusRetail" >
<Language ID="en-us" />
<ExcludeApp ID="Access" />
<ExcludeApp ID="Groove" />
<ExcludeApp ID="OneDrive" />
</Product>
</Add>
<Updates Enabled="FALSE"
UpdatePath=""
Channel="FirstReleaseDeferred" />
<Display Level="none"
AcceptEULA="TRUE" />
</Configuration>

LanSweep 'Installer' Command (I've also tried 'Command' and 'Script')
"C:\o365\Default.bat"

Any thoughts would be helpful. TIA
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper
Hi Josh,

We are also using Lansweeper for O365 deployments. We have set our timeout to an hour and a half due to the type of connections we have eg 4G over VPN.

We are running it as a command in Lansweeper though with the following string.

"\\SERVERIP\Software\Applications\Office 365\2016\OfficeProPlus\setup.exe" /configure "\\SERVERIP\Software\Applications\Office 365\2016\OfficeProPlus\Office365ProPlusInstall - Silent.xml"

This has been working for us without issue.

APP.Office 365 ProPlus Install 0 Scanning Credentials Result: Deployment ended: The operation completed successfully. Stop(Success). Credential: (HIDDEN). ShareCredential: (HIDDEN).

There is nothing fancy in our XML file either, so I hope this helps.

<Configuration>
<Add SourcePath="\\SERVERIP\Software\Applications\Office 365\2016\OfficeProPlus" OfficeClientEdition="32" Channel="Current" >
<Product ID="O365ProPlusRetail">
<Language ID="en-us" />
</Product>
</Add>
<Display Level="None" AcceptEULA="TRUE" />
<Logging Name="OfficeSetup.txt" Path="C:\Windows\Temp" />
<Property Name="AUTOACTIVATE" Value="1" />
<Property Name="FORCEAPPSHUTDOWN" Value="TRUE" />
<Updates Enabled="TRUE" Channel="Current" />
</Configuration>

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
joshmaline
Engaged Sweeper
When I use the 'command' and a similar string path, this seems to have done the trick for the install and reporting. We set our timeout at 50 minutes running from the c-drive, which includes, office scrubber, install of access runtime, visio viewer, and O365. We decided to run the /ALL on the scrubber util because if you have any Office 64-bit software on the machine, the O365 install fails and scrubbing 64-bit office resolves those issues. This is a good opportunity to sanitize and standardize the environment for office products. Thanks for the tips @CyberCitizen

Cheers,
Josh
joshmaline
Engaged Sweeper
Thanks for the reply! I'll try the command with the string (before when I tried command, I was doing it with the .bat) and see if that reports back as I would expect it to. Cheers
CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper
Hi Josh,

We are also using Lansweeper for O365 deployments. We have set our timeout to an hour and a half due to the type of connections we have eg 4G over VPN.

We are running it as a command in Lansweeper though with the following string.

"\\SERVERIP\Software\Applications\Office 365\2016\OfficeProPlus\setup.exe" /configure "\\SERVERIP\Software\Applications\Office 365\2016\OfficeProPlus\Office365ProPlusInstall - Silent.xml"

This has been working for us without issue.

APP.Office 365 ProPlus Install 0 Scanning Credentials Result: Deployment ended: The operation completed successfully. Stop(Success). Credential: (HIDDEN). ShareCredential: (HIDDEN).

There is nothing fancy in our XML file either, so I hope this helps.

<Configuration>
<Add SourcePath="\\SERVERIP\Software\Applications\Office 365\2016\OfficeProPlus" OfficeClientEdition="32" Channel="Current" >
<Product ID="O365ProPlusRetail">
<Language ID="en-us" />
</Product>
</Add>
<Display Level="None" AcceptEULA="TRUE" />
<Logging Name="OfficeSetup.txt" Path="C:\Windows\Temp" />
<Property Name="AUTOACTIVATE" Value="1" />
<Property Name="FORCEAPPSHUTDOWN" Value="TRUE" />
<Updates Enabled="TRUE" Channel="Current" />
</Configuration>