cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hightened
Engaged Sweeper
How can you deploy scans for remote offices and have it report back? Also is there a way to view lansweeper on a mobile device?

Currently demoing the software for an MSP environment.

Thanks

Hight
8 REPLIES 8
CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper
Will you have a VPN setup on site that you can connect through, we thought we were going to have to go down the multiple scanning server paths, but as we have a VPN setup and they can all see the necessary server we could get away with the one scanning server.
hightened
Engaged Sweeper
Cost is the main reason. I'm a new msp with 1 contracted client so far. Right now I'm trying to lean on Lan Sweeper, PRTG, and Connectwise Remote, and Spice works. Not ideal I know.
hightened
Engaged Sweeper
Cost is the main reason. I'm a new msp with 1 contracted client so far. Right now I'm trying to lean on Lan Sweeper, PRTG, and Connectwise Remote, and Spice works. Not ideal I know.
tireironmike
Engaged Sweeper
Just out of curiosity why are you not using something like Labtech/Connectwise Automate? It suits the MSP environment much better, especially you need to get as much billable hours as possible. Scripting, Patches, Software Deployment, Billing, and Service Desk is baked in but the Remote Desktop solution is junk without TeamViewer. Licensing can be extremely expensive, BUT you make that up with billable hours and multiple clients.

Don't get me wrong, Lansweeper is a sweet product for it's price point but it doesn't scale well in a MSP environment.

(--source: Use to be a Labtech/Connectwise Admin at a MSP)
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Just to prevent confusion in the future, LsPush is an executable and does not need to be installed.

Regardless, if you are manually executing LsPush on every computer I would highly recommend to go through the following article to use LsPush in a scheduled task or GPO. This will automatically run Lspush on your assets when a users logs in and forward the data to your scanning service to be imported into Lansweeper.

Different methods to use LsPush are explained here: https://www.lansweeper.com/kb/24/how-to-scan-with-LsPush.html
hightened
Engaged Sweeper
Thank you both for the information. I ran the LSPUSh and it worked, but I didn't realize that I needed to install on every computer :-(. Also how do you scan the network devices, printers, etc?

Multi-server would work but maybe cost prohibitive, will look into that, thanks again.
Doratheexplorer
Engaged Sweeper III
Never used it myself, but check out https://www.lansweeper.com/kb/24/how-to-scan-with-LsPush.html
Doratheexplorer wrote:
Never used it myself, but check out https://www.lansweeper.com/kb/24/how-to-scan-with-LsPush.html

This, plus you could get a license with multiple scanning servers. You can install a scanning server on a remote site and it will send back all the data to the central Lansweeper database as shown in the image below.

components