cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cardealer_Roc
Engaged Sweeper
I set up an install from a Pkg that I downloaded and it will not work. Below is the XML file export which shows the command and parameters. I have verified that I have access to the share and all sub folders and I keep getting the same deployment ended: unknown error (0xc0000005) and a return of -1073741819. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

-<Package>

<Name>Installer - Adobe Reader XI</Name>

<Description>This package will install Adobe Reader (11.0.10)</Description>

<ShutdownOption>0</ShutdownOption>

<ShutdownTime>0</ShutdownTime>

<MaxDuration>1200</MaxDuration>

<Rescan>False</Rescan>

<RunMode>2</RunMode>

-<Steps>

-<Step>

<Nr>1</Nr>

<Name>Check File Exists</Name>

<Type>5</Type>

<ReturnCodes/>

<Success>2</Success>

<Failure>-3</Failure>

<Path/>

<Parameters/>

<MSIParameters/>

<MSIName/>

<MSIVersion/>

<Command/>

<EditMode>False</EditMode>

-<Conditions>

-<Condition>

<Type>1</Type>

<SpecOne>{PackageShare}\installers\Adobe\Reader\</SpecOne>

<SpecTwo>reader11_en_xa_install.exe</SpecTwo>

<Operator>1</Operator>

<Value/>

</Condition>

</Conditions>

</Step>

-<Step>

<Nr>2</Nr>

<Name>Install Adobe Reader 11</Name>

<Type>1</Type>

<ReturnCodes>0,1641,3010</ReturnCodes>

<Success>-2</Success>

<Failure>-3</Failure>

<Path>{PackageShare}\Installers\Adobe\Reader\reader11_en_xa_install.exe</Path>

<Parameters>"/q /s /sAll /rs /msi EULA_ACCEPT=YES AgreeToLicense=Yes RebootYesNo=No"</Parameters>

<MSIParameters/>

<MSIName/>

<MSIVersion/>

<Command>"{PackageShare}\Installers\Adobe\Reader\reader11_en_xa_install.exe" "/q /s /sAll /rs /msi EULA_ACCEPT=YES AgreeToLicense=Yes RebootYesNo=No"</Command>

<EditMode>False</EditMode>

<Conditions/>

</Step>

</Steps>

<SoftwareVersion>6.0.100.75</SoftwareVersion>

</Package>
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
The command used in the package seems to be fine, the issue may be caused by the way the installer behaves if an existing Adobe Reader installation is found. I'd recommend running the installation command directly in a local CMD on a test computer to see the full feedback.

This way you can also verify if the parameters used allow the installer to run silently and fully unattended.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Cardealer_Roc
Engaged Sweeper
Thank you. That was actually very helpful. Apparently the version I was installing was older than what was on it and that was why it would error out. My prior attempts I had logging turned on but it did not give much detail into the error. I must have downloaded the wrong version. Once I got the right version, it worked perfectly.
Thanks.
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
The command used in the package seems to be fine, the issue may be caused by the way the installer behaves if an existing Adobe Reader installation is found. I'd recommend running the installation command directly in a local CMD on a test computer to see the full feedback.

This way you can also verify if the parameters used allow the installer to run silently and fully unattended.