cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AZHockeyNut
Champion Sweeper III
please allow us to:
Modify the installer to not use iis express when full blown iis is there already.
Modify the installer to use SQL Server if already installed not the compact edition
Allow me to create it as an application in IIS so it is not at the root of a site (I have manually been doing this for as long as I have owned it (over a year) with ZERO issues)
Allow for windows auth to the web site and the application

Please?
2 REPLIES 2
AZHockeyNut
Champion Sweeper III
Not sure. When I did my last install it still wanted to add all kinds of iis express things and sql compact stuff even though the server already had full IIS and other apps on it as well as full sql express. Therefore there should be no need to put those extra components.

Windows auth to the database, no. I meant to the web site itself. I use an HTTPS connection (thanks for that) to my site https://server/lansweeper and I have it in my Local Intranet Sites so my windows creds automatically log in to the site. No need for additional login. I recall having to do it all manually for quite a while. if the latest installer allows that I was unaware and good on you!

I would leave easy install as easy/default. but allow for advanced install (sql on another box, windows auth, different/alternate site on same iis cluster, etc) In the installers for the software we produce we have gone that route and it has made all install applications more complicated but customer experiences more reliable.

Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
AZHockeyNut wrote:
please allow us to:
Modify the installer to not use iis express when full blown iis is there already.
Modify the installer to use SQL Server if already installed not the compact edition

I assume you're referring to an "Easy Install" automatically selecting IIS/SQL Server if available here. Both are already possible using an Advanced Installation.

AZHockeyNut wrote:
please allow us to:
Allow me to create it as an application in IIS so it is not at the root of a site (I have manually been doing this for as long as I have owned it (over a year) with ZERO issues)
Allow for windows auth to the web site and the application

I assume you're referring to Windows authentication for the database service account rather than SQL Server authentication using lansweeperuser.

We've heard reports from our customers that they've gotten both of the above to work. However, while they can be made functional, they're currently not officially supported configurations. I've added your feedback to our installer improvement items on our customer wishlist. Do note though that the installer is currently set up in such a way to minimize failed installations as much as possible, meaning we're less likely to modify the Easy Install option, or to add complexity in general. As such we can't guarantee that these suggestion will be incorporated and we cannot provide you with an estimated release date.

If my assessment of your suggestions isn't fully correct be sure to let me know.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now