cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
norbro
Engaged Sweeper II
I'm new to Lansweeper, and know nothing so far about its data structure.

First thing I notice after our first scanning tests is that our Linux servers are not displayed in the default 'Server: All servers' report.

I tried to remove the Windows-related 'tblComputersystem.Domainrole' field from the WHERE criteria as follows:

Replacing: WHERE tblComputersystem.Domainrole > 1 And tblAssetCustom.State = 1
With: WHERE tblAssetCustom.State = 1

... but still Linux active servers don't appear!

Any suggestions, anybody?

I hope I'm not alone using Lansweeper on Linux servers...

And while we're at it, wouldn't it be a good idea for Lansweeper to fix the default 'Server: All Servers' report it provides with the tool?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
norbro
Engaged Sweeper II
Starting with your answers (which were greatly helpful), I adapted a version of the solution in the All Computers Report topic, used it in my 'Servers' tab, and bingo!

Thanks to you both...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
norbro
Engaged Sweeper II
Starting with your answers (which were greatly helpful), I adapted a version of the solution in the All Computers Report topic, used it in my 'Servers' tab, and bingo!

Thanks to you both...
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
To add on to the previous reply, there is no Linux-specific field that classifies a computer as a server or workstation, so filtering for Linux servers would have to happen on different criteria depending on your environment. All your Linux servers may be running a specific OS for instance.
David_G
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
The built-in 'Server: All servers' report is used for Windows computers and is based on the tblComputersystem database table, which can only be used for Windows computers.

If you want to make a report for Linux machines, you will have to make sure that you make use of 'tblLinux..' database tables in combination with tblAssets. You can make use of our database dictionary to see what is stored in which database table.