cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mcoleman
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi,
In software deployment it would be great if we could include "Asset Location" as a condition, or "Asset Name" with a substr or instr function as a condition. IP Address with a substr or instr would also be a great condition as well.

Also, custom labels for sections would be good, and extremely useful with the conditions above. For example I would like to make a section of my deployment task as A and another section as B. Then I could have a condition as the first step and look at the IP address, if it's 192.168.0 then action on success would be "Go to Section A" and action on failure could be to exit or go to Section B
3 REPLIES 3
jprins747
Engaged Sweeper
Hi

Have any of the requested additional conditions been added yet? I can't find any in our environment.
cscherrey
Engaged Sweeper III
jprins747 wrote:
Hi

Have any of the requested additional conditions been added yet? I can't find any in our environment.

I would think you could use Groups. Create a dynamic group using the criteria you need, like location or IP range. Then start the deployment on that group.
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
We've added the first part of your request to the existing item on our customer wishlist regarding additional condition options within the deployment module, a request for a condition based on a partial IP address didn't yet exist. Our development team are planning a rework of the deployment module, though we don't yet have an estimated release date for this yet.

Regarding the sections though, could you expand upon that, as referring to different steps based on the output of a command or the result of a condition check effectively already divides a package into sections, the path through the package taken being determined by the outcome of each step.