cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NoZart
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi,
we have a bit of trouble with the uptime representation in Lansweeper. It shows way longer uptimes that the machine actually had. For instance: i shutdown my machine every day manually. yet, the uptime counter on the asset page shows 1d 3hrs uptime, although it's up less than 7 hrs.
And when the machine was shutdown, it shows as "sleep" in the uptime calender.

Thanks for any tips.
8 REPLIES 8
daveyh
Engaged Sweeper II
Do any reports exist to find machines with this setting enabled?
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
daveyh wrote:

I haven't googled it yet, but if there is a registry key that can tell you this, you can scan it with Lansweeper and report on it.
daveyh
Engaged Sweeper II
Charles.X wrote:
daveyh wrote:

I haven't googled it yet, but if there is a registry key that can tell you this, you can scan it with Lansweeper and report on it.

Thanks, it is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Power\HiberbootEnabled

I know what to do from here. thanks for jogging my memory!
cbenedict1
Engaged Sweeper II
You must turn off fast startup on Window 10 to get it to actually turn. Otherwise, it will just go into one of a couple of low power states.

Enable or disable fast startup..

Type Control Panel in the search box.
Click Control Panel.
Click Power Options.
Click Choose what the power buttons do.
Click Change settings that are currently unavailable.
Scroll down to Shutdown settings and uncheck Turn on fast startup.
Click Save changes.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
The only way to resolve this would be to make sure that your Windows computers do not use the "deep sleep" mode and actually fully turn off. Both normal sleep as this so called deep sleep are marked in the event viewer as the computer going into sleep mode. If you actually turn off the computer fully, it will say so in the event viewer and in the uptime calendar.

amyers1616
Engaged Sweeper II
We are running into the same thing. We want to make sure people reboot at least weekly but we know some are actually shutting down at night with Windows 10. Is there a way to get an accurate uptime number from Windows 10?
NoZart
Engaged Sweeper II
Thanks for clearing that up, i was suspecting as much, i thought windows has at least separate states or it in eventviewer
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
The issue you're seeing is likely caused by the way Windows 10 shuts down. Instead of fully powering off the computer, it goes into deep sleep, and is reported as such in the event viewer. Uptime information is gathered from the event viewer of Windows computers.