cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dscoland
Engaged Sweeper III
Hi Lansweeper Community,

I have created an installer package that runs a PowerShell script. This script runs successfully, and I planned to automate the deployment daily. However, when I created a schedule to run Everyday at Midday or Everyday at 11 AM, it doesn't execute, and I need to run it manually.

Is there something I am missing?

Thanks and Best,
Daniel

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
dscoland
Engaged Sweeper III
We actually found that it might be the server that it's residing on. It turned out that the OS it was running on may have just not been in a good state. We migrated to another server, and so far the scheduled deployments have been running.

Hopefully that was it! Thanks much.

Daniel

View solution in original post

dscoland
Engaged Sweeper III
We needed to limit the deployed to schedule only one, and set a scheduled task to restart the Lansweeper Server service before the deployment time. I am a bit disappointed, but I know that Lansweeper isn't specifically created as a deployment product. Thanks for your help on this guys.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
yayitazale
Engaged Sweeper III
I have de excatly the same problem and updating the OS (Server 2012 R2) is not working. Do you recomend to upgrade to Server 2016?
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
It shouldn't be required to restart you Lansweeper server before deployments or limit them in any way. I'd recommend contacting our support team so they can do more detailed troubleshooting.
dscoland
Engaged Sweeper III
We needed to limit the deployed to schedule only one, and set a scheduled task to restart the Lansweeper Server service before the deployment time. I am a bit disappointed, but I know that Lansweeper isn't specifically created as a deployment product. Thanks for your help on this guys.
dscoland
Engaged Sweeper III
We actually found that it might be the server that it's residing on. It turned out that the OS it was running on may have just not been in a good state. We migrated to another server, and so far the scheduled deployments have been running.

Hopefully that was it! Thanks much.

Daniel
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
I haven't seen or heard of anything similar to what you are describing.

I would try updating to 6.0.150 which is currently the latest version. Should that not fix the issue, you can send an email to support@lansweeper.com with the following files:
  • Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\Errorlog.txt, as present on your Lansweeper server.
  • An Excel export of the entire Deployment\Logs page. There is an Export To Excel button on the left side of the page.
  • A screenshot of Deployment\Scheduled Deployments
dscoland
Engaged Sweeper III
Hi David,

Thank you for bringing this our attention, I did notice a lot of improvements to the deployment features in recent months, so we were eager to update last month. We are currently running on version 6.0.130.48. However, the issue appears to be a bit more unpredictable now. We notice we need to restart the Lansweeper Server service nearly every day, otherwise jobs of a scheduled deployment eventually hang on "Performing preliminary checks" when looking at the logs. Once we restart the service we then need to run the deployment manually. It usually completes successfully, and then we leave it to run on it's own for the next execution time until we need to restart the service again.
This has happened to existing and newly scheduled deployments we created after upgrading to version 6.0.130.48.

Have you seen this before?

Thanks,
Daniel

David_G
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
There have been a lot of improvements and fixes to the Deployment module since this post. To check and see what has been changed you can go through our Changelog page.

Additionally, if you want to update your Lansweeper installation, you can follow this updating guide!
dscoland
Engaged Sweeper III
Hi, I know this is an old post, but the issue is still occurring. Could it be possible that the issue is with our instance, or is this still a known bug?

We would like to start using this feature more, as it can be a little more robust than our current deployment platform.

Thanks,
Daniel
dscoland
Engaged Sweeper III
Hi Bruce,

Thanks so much for clarifying this. I noticed that the logs show the deployment hasn't run since the last time I manually deployed it. Is a workaround for this to create a new deployment schedule?