cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wilcochris
Engaged Sweeper
I have added my MacBook to the asset list and tried to do a scan but this fails.

It fails with 'Could not find this asset in the database. It does not exist or might be deleted.'

When I added the asset, I put in the hostname and IP address and it detected that the connection was active as there was a green light next to the IP address.

I have added my SSH credentials for the scan (I know these work as I have scanned another MacBook with them).

I have had a look in the knowledgebase but I can't find any idea why it is doing this.

Any pointers would be most welcome.

Thank you
2 REPLIES 2
wilcochris
Engaged Sweeper
Hi David, thanks for replying.

I was using an IP range to scan the Apple device. I had successfully done it scanning one of my Apple devices.

The issue arose when trying to scan my second Apple device (Both were MacBooks).

The only way I could add it was to manually add it. When I then scanned it, it said it wasn't found and the asset was deleted.
David_G
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
It is not entirely clear to me if you have manually created an asset and tried to scan it by clicking on the 'Rescan Asset button'. This is not really best practice in terms of scanning an asset. To scan an Apple Mac machine, we recommend using an IP Range Scanning Target that includes the IP of your MacBook under Scanning\Scanning Targets. Furthermore, I would recommend going over the following knowledge base articles: