Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sidero
Engaged Sweeper
Hallo,

I like to execute the following command on an asset:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Avira\Antivirus\avcenter.exe" /STARTUPDATEE

My action looks like this:
runas.exe /profile /env /user:Administrator "{actionpath}PSTools\PsExec.exe \\{smartname} /c {actionpath}avira.bat"

avira.bat
@echo off
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Avira\Antivirus\avcenter.exe" /STARTUPDATEE

But it does not work, can anyone help me?

Best regards,
Patrick
3 REPLIES 3
SouthySuper
Engaged Sweeper III
Sidero,
Yes my actionpath is on my lansweeper server as is all of my sysinternal files (under the lanspeeper program files (x86) directory. In my example calling the command window to execute elevated via psexec and calling the batch file seems to work best for me. The \\{computer} is the target. Hopefully it works for you.

Mine action is actually: cmd.exe /K {actionpath}psexec \\{computer} /c {actionpath}sepupdate.bat

and the bath file:

@echo off

cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection"

smc -start

smc -updateconfig

exit

We use symantec endpoint protection so the call is a little different

sidero
Engaged Sweeper
Hello SouthySuper,

thx for your answer.

Double EE is correct.

The File "avcenter.exe" is a file on the local computer, where I like to do the action, is this possible?

In your example "{actionpath}whatever.bat" the file is on the server, where Lansweeper is installed.

Best regard,
Patrick
SouthySuper
Engaged Sweeper III
sidero,
I do not know much about Avira, but when you run a remote elevated command against a machine using: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Avira\Antivirus\avcenter.exe" /STARTUPDATEE (Does it work)?

In my environment, we run our browser session for accessing lansweeper as our admin acounts (also login as our admin accounts).

My action for a similar command looks like this:

cmd.exe /K {actionpath}psexec \\{computer} /c {actionpath}whatever.bat

Should "STARTUPDATEE" switch have two "ee", just asking, but didn't want you to spin wheels on a typo.

Best of luck