cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dediad
Engaged Sweeper II
Is there a way to grant access to the reports page only?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
David_G
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Currently, you are not able to specify which tabs a user can see. You can, however, in the Configuration\User Access & Roles menu, make sure that users are not allowed to edit or change something for reports, assets or the scanning tab, which means that they would only be able to see what is under the tabs. Currently it's more an all or nothing regarding viewing the asset management part. This has been asked by our customers before and is therefore already on our customer wish list. We will add your request to the feature request, to add weight to it. Keep in mind, though, that we are unable to provide you with an estimated release date for when/if it might be implemented.

More information on restricting access to users in the Lansweeper web console can be found in this knowledge base article.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
rom
Champion Sweeper III

For this kinda thing (in my case, an executive report because they didn't want to bother going into the application to get the data, and I got tired of giving it to them when they asked), I made an excel connected to the lansweeper database and put a report on each tab, with a front tab linking to them. The nice thing is, the name of the SQL view is included in the URL of the report in Lansweeper:

/Report/report.aspx?det=web50rep489c41d09ae242bc93197a7e1a2ea947&title=VPIT+Excel%3a+Chart%3a+SQL+Server+Database+Editions

You can set it up to use the current user that has the file opened, to prevent unauthorized access.  and advantage of this is, you can save it as a regular excel and you have a whole report package for someone, versus the limitation of a single report at a time in the GUI or email alerts section. 

1611961998800.jfif

If you wanted to really impress people, you can use the dynamic spreadsheet with a powerpoint to have a dynamic powerpoint presentation as well (for the same reason, i got tired up updating presentations)

MCruikshank
Engaged Sweeper II

Can you add us as a customer desiring this same feature, we need to limit some agents to helpdesk and reports only please. 

dediad
Engaged Sweeper II
Thanks for the info, I've allready used the Configuration\User Access & Roles menu to limit access as far as possible.
Access limited to the reports page would be great especially for audits.
David_G
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Currently, you are not able to specify which tabs a user can see. You can, however, in the Configuration\User Access & Roles menu, make sure that users are not allowed to edit or change something for reports, assets or the scanning tab, which means that they would only be able to see what is under the tabs. Currently it's more an all or nothing regarding viewing the asset management part. This has been asked by our customers before and is therefore already on our customer wish list. We will add your request to the feature request, to add weight to it. Keep in mind, though, that we are unable to provide you with an estimated release date for when/if it might be implemented.

More information on restricting access to users in the Lansweeper web console can be found in this knowledge base article.