cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wilcochris
Engaged Sweeper
I have added my Mac as an asset and tried to run a scan.

It gives an error saying Could not connect to SSH with credentials Global (root)

I can't see what I am missing.

I didn't think you'd need to enable SSH to do the scanning.

Can someone give me some pointers please.

Thanks in advance
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
David_G
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
An Apple Mac computer has to be scanned through SSH as it is a UNIX based OS. I would recommend going over this knowledge base article which will provide you with the needed requirements to be able to scan an Apple Mac device.

Afterwards, you can go through this article which will explain how to scan an Apple Mac computer. If you are still unable to scan your Apple Mac devices after making sure that you meet the needed requirements, you can contact us via support@lansweeper.com to troubleshoot the issue further on.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
David_G
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
An Apple Mac computer has to be scanned through SSH as it is a UNIX based OS. I would recommend going over this knowledge base article which will provide you with the needed requirements to be able to scan an Apple Mac device.

Afterwards, you can go through this article which will explain how to scan an Apple Mac computer. If you are still unable to scan your Apple Mac devices after making sure that you meet the needed requirements, you can contact us via support@lansweeper.com to troubleshoot the issue further on.