cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jkrelic
Champion Sweeper
I do know that there is an option called "Users may alter ticket state" but that option is too powerful for our needs. I would like to see an option for the user to reply to a ticket in the User Portal to reopen a ticket.
4 REPLIES 4
cnavarrete
Engaged Sweeper
We want users can reopen their tickets from the web console, but not to change them to any state. This could be possible with a button to reopen closed tickets or simply allowing to write notes in closed tickets. Thank you for taking this issue into account.
davejohnson01
Engaged Sweeper II
Charles.X,

Do you have an update on this request?

I also would like an option to disable reopening a closed ticket when a user replies all.

This is an issue for us because we allow users to CC people and they will continue replying all after the ticket is closed. I know we can ask them to remove the help Desk email address from the list, but that is an inconvenience for them.

Not sure about anyone else, but for us, I think we would only want agents to control the status of a ticket.

Thanks
Dave
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
I added your request to our feature request list.
jkrelic
Champion Sweeper
I am finding a problem with users replying via email to reopen a ticket as well. It essentially makes a brand new ticket, which it shouldn't. It should keep the same ticket number. I have users that keep tabs on their tickets and respond to their old closed tickets because it has the ticket history in it for their reference. Creating a new ticket number and going through the rigmarole of essentially "spamming" the same content as a new ticket to our users is unsatisfactory.

When a user reopens a closed older ticket, only 1 thing should happen, it reopens the ticket.

However, we don't want users to reopen the ticket via email. For example, I close the ticket and the user responds with a "Thank you" response. I don't want the ticket to reopen. The only place that a ticket should be reopened is in the portal. If a user responds to a closed ticket via email, a notification to the assigned agent should be sent, but the ticket will remain closed. Thus, the initial reason for this topic.