cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tuckerw
Engaged Sweeper
So I went on a week vacation with everything working perfectly. I came back and now, as you can see, the System keeps posting onto new tickets. It happens with nearly every ticket, but not with every ticket.

Any idea why? We are running at version 6064.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
System error messages such as the one you're seeing in the ticket are feedback the scanning service receives when sending an email, this feedback can come from your mail server or from the receiving mail server though in this case it probably came from your own mail server. Do note though the message you're receiving is a generic mail sending failure. The issue may be caused by one of the email addresses of the users in the tickets not being reachable, or one of the agents associated to the ticket not being reachable (if an email template is being sent).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
System error messages such as the one you're seeing in the ticket are feedback the scanning service receives when sending an email, this feedback can come from your mail server or from the receiving mail server though in this case it probably came from your own mail server. Do note though the message you're receiving is a generic mail sending failure. The issue may be caused by one of the email addresses of the users in the tickets not being reachable, or one of the agents associated to the ticket not being reachable (if an email template is being sent).
Bruce.B wrote:

Thanks! You pretty much nailed it. We did some maintenance to our exchange server the other day and the issue has vanished ever since. This confirms what I suspected. Thanks again.