cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kamidon
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi there,
We are having issues with remote clients using the Lsclient.exe to tell Lansweeper where to look for them through DirectAccess.

I am not successful at getting the app to make a successful connection to our server housing Lansweeper.
Though while on the network, I don't have issues.

I use the default port Lansweeper tries to use (I tried not specifying a port).
I've also used 81, 82.

How do we get Lsclient.exe working through DirectAccess?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
LsClient is mostly a legacy executable at this point, which was necessary for the old freeware model. What LsClient does is send a "scan me" request to your Lansweeper server from the local computer, after which your Lansweeper server still needs access over all the required ports to send the scanning queries.

We recommend using the LsPush scanning agent instead. LsPush is a small executable that, when run on a Windows computer, scans the computer locally. The scan results can manually or automatically be forwarded to your Lansweeper server for import. You can find the LsPush executable in the Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Client folder on your Lansweeper server. LsPush can easily be deployed in domain environments with a logon script or group policy. A sample VBS script that runs LsPush can be seen below. You will need to replace what we've highlighted with the folder hosting the LsPush executable and the name of your own Lansweeper server. If you deploy this script as part of a logon script or group policy, LsPush will automatically scan your machines when users log into them and send the results directly to your Lansweeper server for import. More info on LsPush and its parameters can be found in this knowledge base article. General info on setting up a logon based group policy, not specific to LsPush, can be found here.

Set WshShell = CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")
WshShell.run "%logonserver%\netlogon\lspush.exe lansweeperservername",0

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
kamidon
Engaged Sweeper II
So sorry for the late reply, I must not have hit the "Watch this topic and receive notifications of activity via e-mail?" box.

This is great! I'll definitely do this.

Thank you for your help
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
LsClient is mostly a legacy executable at this point, which was necessary for the old freeware model. What LsClient does is send a "scan me" request to your Lansweeper server from the local computer, after which your Lansweeper server still needs access over all the required ports to send the scanning queries.

We recommend using the LsPush scanning agent instead. LsPush is a small executable that, when run on a Windows computer, scans the computer locally. The scan results can manually or automatically be forwarded to your Lansweeper server for import. You can find the LsPush executable in the Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Client folder on your Lansweeper server. LsPush can easily be deployed in domain environments with a logon script or group policy. A sample VBS script that runs LsPush can be seen below. You will need to replace what we've highlighted with the folder hosting the LsPush executable and the name of your own Lansweeper server. If you deploy this script as part of a logon script or group policy, LsPush will automatically scan your machines when users log into them and send the results directly to your Lansweeper server for import. More info on LsPush and its parameters can be found in this knowledge base article. General info on setting up a logon based group policy, not specific to LsPush, can be found here.

Champ14
Engaged Sweeper II
Bruce.B wrote:

Hi,

This pos-up VBS error when it cannot reached the LANSweeper server, specially when client is connected only thru VPN and VPN was not yet connected during log-on, and this script already been executed.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now