cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Josep
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi,
There are any way to do time worked on a ticket as a required field when close the ticket?
Thanks in advance

Josep
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
You can't set the time worked feature as a mandatory fill field for closing directly, but you could work around this:
  • Create a new Yes/No Ticket Custom Field under Configuration\Ticket Content, as seen in the example screenshot below
  • Add this to the ticket types where you would like to see time worked being tracked. Under Configuration\Ticket Content you can click the Alter Custom Fields button to add this newly created custom field to individual ticket types, make it agent only and required for closing

This will have the effect that your agents need to check this box every time they close a ticket of this type, which will remind them to input work time.

Custom field

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Patrick_Allers
Engaged Sweeper
Hello,

I have an extending question to this specific topic:
In case I've done it like here but gave the Agent option to either choose Yes / No when closing the ticket. Is it possible to open up a way to input the time worked at the ticket in the "Closing" Screen when pressing "No" just like you can do on each answer to a ticket?

Kind regards,
Patrick
Patrick Allers wrote:
Hello,

I have an extending question to this specific topic:
In case I've done it like here but gave the Agent option to either choose Yes / No when closing the ticket. Is it possible to open up a way to input the time worked at the ticket in the "Closing" Screen when pressing "No" just like you can do on each answer to a ticket?

Kind regards,
Patrick

You probably could set up a custom field, but that wouldn't calculate the total time for reporting, unless you used that custom field in a custom report.

That's a good idea though, I think I'll try that.
Josep
Engaged Sweeper II
Thanks!
I'll do it.
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
You can't set the time worked feature as a mandatory fill field for closing directly, but you could work around this:
  • Create a new Yes/No Ticket Custom Field under Configuration\Ticket Content, as seen in the example screenshot below
  • Add this to the ticket types where you would like to see time worked being tracked. Under Configuration\Ticket Content you can click the Alter Custom Fields button to add this newly created custom field to individual ticket types, make it agent only and required for closing

This will have the effect that your agents need to check this box every time they close a ticket of this type, which will remind them to input work time.

Custom field