cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jfelland
Engaged Sweeper
I know this idea has been touched on before and I apologize if you think I'm beating a dead horse. However, I wanted to touch on the possibility of making a Mobile App (Android & IOS) still.

I'm not talking for simple viewing/editing. No, I am suggesting that there be a tech/help desk app that can be used by the techs when they are out. For example, the app could pull up a ticket, ask to verify the asset by asset tag/serial number tag scan (by using the phone/tablet camera OR attached bar-code scanner), allow edits to the help desk ticket, allow to change status of ticket (Open/Pending/Escelate/De-escelate/close/resolved.... etc.), and similar things that may prove useful to a tech in the field.

This app could also be stand alone, of sorts. Say that a person logs in (while connected to the corporate network), any tickets assigned to him/her (or those they assign to themselves) are downloaded to the device (be it phone, tablet, etc). When out in the field all information known on the ticket at the time they signed in (while on the network) will be available. They go about their day, updating the ticket(s) as needed, and the app automatically updates when it reconnects to the network. This would also negate the need for a network connection (save at login time and EOD update) that would be required with the web-page. This could prove useful for companies who don't want to use a lot of mobile data (saving money) or don't want store a lot of passwords on their devices (improving security).
1 REPLY 1
Jimmy_Vanden_Ey
Engaged Sweeper II
YES PLEASE A MUSTHAVE app for lansweeper helpdesk

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now