cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StumpyJoe64
Engaged Sweeper II
I created a test ticket for some SLA calculation testing, and even though it's been assigned an agent, been commented on twice, and had its status changed, the timer on the All Tickets screen is still showing the Initial Response Time countdown...

Is there something that needs to be done specifically to show that a ticket has been responded to? Or does the Resolve Time countdown appear ONLY after the Initial Response countdown expires? (regardless of whether it was responded to in 5 minutes, or with 5 minutes to spare).

I thought that as soon as a ticket was assigned an agent/responded to that the countdown would switch from Initial to Resolve, but that doesn't seem to be the case?

Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5
Karel_DS
Champion Sweeper III
Yes, the SLA only gets updated when the first public note is added by an agent. Otherwise (in case there aren't any e-mail templates enabled for agent assignment or state changes) the user did not get an 'initial response' yet, thus the SLA cannot be set to 'resolve time'. Just to be clear, the SLA calculation currently only recognizes public notes, not sent e-mail templates.
Karel DS wrote:
Yes, the SLA only gets updated when the first public note is added by an agent. Otherwise (in case there aren't any e-mail templates enabled for agent assignment or state changes) the user did not get an 'initial response' yet, thus the SLA cannot be set to 'resolve time'. Just to be clear, the SLA calculation currently only recognizes public notes, not sent e-mail templates.

I have this same issue. As I understand from your responses, an initial response SLA set for 1 hour will begin counting down as soon as a ticket is created, and stop counting when an agent sends a non-template public reply, presuming that the ticket was not created by the same agent who responded. If that is true, what about the completion SLA? Will the completion SLA (We have set for 24 hours) stop the clock if the agent who closed the ticket is the same agent who opened the ticket?
StumpyJoe64
Engaged Sweeper II
Actually, sorry I need more clarification...
  1. A user submitted an important ticket. "Initial Response" SLA timer is on the All Tickets screen.
  2. An agent (a different user) assigned himself to the ticket, and changed the state to "In Progress".
  3. The "Initial Response" SLA timer is still the one being displayed.

Why?

A different user (agent) has clearly responded to the ticket. Why doesn't the timer switch to the resolve SLA?

Do you have to LITERALLY respond to the ticket to switch the time from Initial Response to Resolve Time?

Thanks for the help.
StumpyJoe64
Engaged Sweeper II
It was indeed. I created it, and then I responded to it. Good to know, thanks.
Karel_DS
Champion Sweeper III
The SLA only changes to resolve time if the agent responding is different from the user who created the ticket or the user whom the ticket was created for. Since this is a test ticket, this might be the case here?

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now