cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nukular
Engaged Sweeper
Hi there,

i am trying to scan an single IP-Address with own credentials.
I mapped the credentials on an single IP-Address under Scanning Credentials but when i make an custom scan on that asset its still sayin: Could not connect to SSH with credentials Global (admin), so its not using my own credentials.
I already deleted the asset and let it add again but its still the same issue.
The asset is an HP FlexFabric 5700.

Does anybody has an idea what i can do?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
If a scan fails, all credentials that were tried are listed. Could you verify whether an SNMP OID is listed on the switch page. Perhaps SNMP was actually successfully scanned, but then SSH was tried as well. If so, tick No SSH for the IP range of the switch to prevent Lansweeper from querying SSH. If the errors persist, please contact support@lansweeper.com and provide:
  • Description of the problem.
  • Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\Errorlog.txt, as present on your Lansweeper server.
  • Screenshot of Configuration\Scanning Credentials (Lansweeper 5.3) or Scanning\Scanning Credentials (Lansweeper 6.0).
  • Screenshot of the Lansweeper webpage of the switch.
  • Screenshot of a connection test performed to the switch with Devicetester.exe, which can be found in Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Actions on your Lansweeper server. Perform the test from your Lansweeper server to the problem switch, submit your SNMP credential and show us the entire test window.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
I don't see an email from you in our system, so I'll consider this issue resolved for now.
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
If a scan fails, all credentials that were tried are listed. Could you verify whether an SNMP OID is listed on the switch page. Perhaps SNMP was actually successfully scanned, but then SSH was tried as well. If so, tick No SSH for the IP range of the switch to prevent Lansweeper from querying SSH. If the errors persist, please contact support@lansweeper.com and provide:
  • Description of the problem.
  • Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\Errorlog.txt, as present on your Lansweeper server.
  • Screenshot of Configuration\Scanning Credentials (Lansweeper 5.3) or Scanning\Scanning Credentials (Lansweeper 6.0).
  • Screenshot of the Lansweeper webpage of the switch.
  • Screenshot of a connection test performed to the switch with Devicetester.exe, which can be found in Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Actions on your Lansweeper server. Perform the test from your Lansweeper server to the problem switch, submit your SNMP credential and show us the entire test window.
Nukular
Engaged Sweeper
Well i checked that switch and his scan results again.

Lansweeper is still sayin:

Could not connect to SSH with credentials Global (admin)

But i entered for its IP-Address SNMP-Credentials. It seems that Lansweeper is ignoring that?

The switch credentials which i set are:
SNMP
Global

Or does Lansweeper shows only the errormessage from the last scanned method? So it first tries SNMP, than global windows, than global snmp and after that global ssh because i dont find any other error than this.
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Could you double-check that:
  • The credential is mapped to the correct IP address under Configuration\Scanning Credentials. More info on mapping credentials can be found here.
  • The asset was rescanned after mapping the credential. You indicate that it was, but I recommend rescanning your network with the Scan All Enabled IP Ranges Now button under Configuration\Scanning Methods.

Keep in mind though that SSH based scanning is only supported for Linux and Mac computers. Network devices like switches should preferably be scanned through SNMP. Even if you map a custom SSH credential to a switch and the credential is tried, the SSH scanning will likely fail.