cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
spyderbane
Engaged Sweeper II
I am looking for a report that will show if a laptops battery max charging capacity has dropped below a certain threshold. Can any one help me create (by help I mean make one as I do not know SQL). I wrote an application in VB that can tell me how to do this but I have to push this out. I would rather be able to have this seen as part of the reports.
5 REPLIES 5
IT4
Engaged Sweeper II
Hello I also would be very interested in seeing this information under Windows 10.
It can be seen with this command powercfg /batteryreport and as it seems it is as well retrievable via WMIObjects.

$fullchargecapacity = (Get-WmiObject -Class "BatteryFullChargedCapacity" -Namespace "ROOT\WMI").FullChargedCapacity

Please see this script:
https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/Battery-Health-Check-d7d92572
Could you please add this information to Lansweeper as it is important for everyone managing many laptops that occasionally need battery replacements.
Thanks!
spyderbane
Engaged Sweeper II
Thanks for looking into this and adding a request.
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
I checked this with a laptop in a test environment and the actual max charge capacity of laptops doesn't appear to be scanned. Lansweeper pulls portable battery information from the Win32_PortableBattery WMI class on the computer. This information isn't as detailed as what's returned by the powercfg command. Looking at the WMI documentation, it doesn't appear MaxBatteryError is useful for what you are trying to report on either. It's apparently not meant to report on discrepancies between max charge capacity and design capacity.

I've added your request for max charge reporting to our customer wish list, but don't have an estimated release date for this unfortunately.
spyderbane
Engaged Sweeper II
I feel like I am missing something. how do I get MaxBatteryError to show the percent max charging capacity left? I see on bit of info "design Capacity" but no "Charge Capacity" like what is found in "powercfg.exe -energy" reports
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
I'm assuming you could use the MaxBatteryError or another field in tblPortableBattery to report on bad batteries. I've included a sample report below listing tblPortableBattery data, which you can add to your installation by following these instructions.
Select Top 1000000 tsysOS.Image As icon,
tblAssets.AssetID,
tblAssets.AssetName,
tblAssets.Domain,
tblAssets.Username,
tblAssets.Userdomain,
tblAssets.IPAddress,
tblAssets.Firstseen,
tblAssets.Lastseen,
tblAssets.Lasttried,
tblPortableBattery.Name As Battery,
tblPortableBattery.Manufacturer,
tblPortableBattery.ManufactureDate,
tblPortableBattery.CapacityMultiplier,
tblPortableBattery.Chemistry,
tblPortableBattery.DesignCapacity,
tblPortableBattery.DesignVoltage,
tblPortableBattery.MaxBatteryError,
tblPortableBattery.SmartBatteryVersion,
tblPortableBattery.Lastchanged
From tblAssets
Inner Join tblAssetCustom On tblAssets.AssetID = tblAssetCustom.AssetID
Inner Join tblPortableBattery
On tblAssets.AssetID = tblPortableBattery.AssetID
Inner Join tsysOS On tsysOS.OScode = tblAssets.OScode
Where tblAssetCustom.State = 1
Order By tblAssets.Domain,
tblAssets.AssetName

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now