cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BarryG
Engaged Sweeper
I am looking for a way to get LanSweeper to send an email alert if one of my servers or managed switches goes offline, is this functionality available? I can't seem to find it..

Many thanks
9 REPLIES 9
CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper
Lansweeper is an invertory system not a network status monitor. If you want something like that check out many of the other solutions available even those that are free. If you want a quick easy Windows one, I would suggest MultiPing. Works quite well and we use that for simple monitoring.
TylerVice
Engaged Sweeper II
BarryG wrote:
I am looking for a way to get LanSweeper to send an email alert if one of my servers or managed switches goes offline, is this functionality available? I can't seem to find it..

Many thanks

Kind of shocked this still isn't a thing. Ridiculously valuable, hard to believe this is less valuable than what they've prioritized above it all this time.
laurentiun
Engaged Sweeper III
Hello,

Any updates on this topic?

Thanks.
pryan67
Champion Sweeper II
laurentiun wrote:
Hello,

Thanks.

What you can do is schedule the servers to scan every XX minutes, and then have the report emailed to the people you want it to go to. That's a bit of a kludge, but it would work as a temporary solution.

TylerVice
Engaged Sweeper II
pryan67 wrote:
laurentiun wrote:
Hello,

Thanks.

What you can do is schedule the servers to scan every XX minutes, and then have the report emailed to the people you want it to go to. That's a bit of a kludge, but it would work as a temporary solution.

If I were to go that far, I could just add a ping command to my startup each morning and keep my inbox noise from being obnoxious. Its really sad that in 4 years this still hasn't been prioritized.
Bert_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Hi,

This indeed is a feature that has been requested a couple of times so this is definitely on our wishlist.
We are however, and I hope you guys understand, currently prioritizing the beta version of our Helpdesk feature.
Once we have a stable Helpdesk release, we will be able to look into new features and addons like this.

Thanks for reporting and keep sweeping. 😉
smooi
Engaged Sweeper
Agree, an email alert on an off-line server or network device would be really handy. Also knowing when a new device has been plugged into the network would be nice.

BarryG
Engaged Sweeper
Shame looks like it might not be there? I am looking at other alternatives now for this function. Really like LanSweeper for everything else but this would be a nice function to add to it
eberry
Engaged Sweeper
I'd love to have that as well!!