cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni

Microsoft Office provides several methods to prepare unattended installs of the Office suite. This package executes an installer in combination with an admin file which you can generate with the help of the OCT. To prepare this deployment:

1. Obtain an Office installation medium (DVD, ISO-file)
  2. Mount the installation medium and copy the whole content of it to your Lansweeper package share under folder "\Installers\MS Office\".
  3. Open the "Installers" folder. Hold the Shift key while right-clicking the "MS Office" folder. Select "Open command window here".
  4. In the command prompt, type "setup.exe /admin". This will open the Office Customization Tool (OCT).
  5. Select the Office version to be configured.
  6. Set up your Office installation settings according to your requirements. Details on all possible configuration settings for Office 2013 can be found on this Microsoft page.
  7. Select "File" - "Save as". Store the MSP file in your package share under "\Installers\MS Office\adminfile.msp"
  8. Review and test the deployment package.
20 REPLIES 20
Florian_Eigsi
Engaged Sweeper III
So I believe I have it set up correctly to install/upgrade but I keep getting timeout errors. I have the timeout set for 30 minutes. What could I do differently?

Do you try it before in commande ligne ?

Change your msp file to see what happen (see screenshot)

You can put this in a .bat file and change .msp file name

"%~dp0\setup.exe" /adminfile ""%~dp0\eigsi_pers.msp"

Florian_Eigsi wrote:
So I believe I have it set up correctly to install/upgrade but I keep getting timeout errors. I have the timeout set for 30 minutes. What could I do differently?

Do you try it before in commande ligne ?

Change your msp file to see what happen (see screenshot)

You can put this in a .bat file and change .msp file name

"%~dp0\setup.exe" /adminfile ""%~dp0\eigsi_pers.msp"

So save my file as a .bat? Sorry, I don't have any experience with lansweeper. This is all new to me
So save my file as a .bat? Sorry, I don't have any experience with lansweeper. This is all new to me

No i would like you to test your install and msp file without lansweeper.

create install.bat with %~dp0\setup.exe" /adminfile ""%~dp0\adminfile.msp in

Where you have your setup for office and your msp file and don't forget to change it to see what happen.

Then launch install.bat, and you will see office installation

devinw0985
Engaged Sweeper
So I know this is an old post, but I am trying to do this with Office 2016. I do not have a registry entry for Office14. Can anyone give some advice on this?
Devin W. wrote:
So I know this is an old post, but I am trying to do this with Office 2016. I do not have a registry entry for Office14. Can anyone give some advice on this?

I don't use registry but check if file exist

"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE14\Office Setup Controller\setup.exe" or "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE14\Office Setup Controller\setup.exe"
Florian_Eigsi wrote:
Devin W. wrote:

I don't use registry but check if file exist

"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE14\Office Setup Controller\setup.exe" or "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE14\Office Setup Controller\setup.exe"

So then when does your uninstall of 2010 take place?

Forgot Something, when you update Ms Office, you don't need to uninstall it.

Unless you install a 64 bit Ms Office 2016 on 32 bit Office already installed, you have to uninstall it before.

Try setup.exe /admin of your Ms Office installer
Florian_Eigsi wrote:

Forgot Something, when you update Ms Office, you don't need to uninstall it.

Unless you install a 64 bit Ms Office 2016 on 32 bit Office already installed, you have to uninstall it before.

Try setup.exe /admin of your Ms Office installer

So then when does your uninstall of 2010 take place?[/quote wrote:

I can't share my xml here, see screenshot

The 1st check, is a xml file that contain

<Configuration Product="PROPLUS">

<Display Level="non" CompletionNotice="No" SuppressModal="Yes" AcceptEula="Yes" />

<Setting Id="SETUP_REBOOT" Value="Never" />

</Configuration>

And here the command to uninstall

"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE15\Office Setup Controller\setup.exe" /uninstall PROPLUS /CONFIG {PackageShare}\Base\Ms_Office\PROPLUS.XML

Have the same for VISIO and PROJECT