cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sullivane
Champion Sweeper III
Let's say I have Flash, Reader, and Shockwave with each it's own package. Let's say I want to make an Adobe package that installs all three. Right now I have to reproduce what I am doing with the three individual packages in one package. Now let's say I need to make a change to the install if Reader. I will have to make the change to any and all packages that install Reader(Reader package, Adobe package, and maybe an all software package).

It would be awesome to create a package that runs other packages. So I create an all Adobe package and the steps are to run the other packages.

This would be so nice.

Thanks
14 REPLIES 14
mlachance
Engaged Sweeper III
I've been asking for this feature for over 5 years now. Lansweeper Team, PLEASE make this a priority as many of your competitors offer this solution, even in their free versions. With the amount we pay each year, it makes no sense that this feature is not yet available.
Zennith
Engaged Sweeper
2020, is it still on the wishlist ?
pryan67
Champion Sweeper II
Zennith wrote:
2020, is it still on the wishlist ?

You wish 🙂

I don't think that they are actually adding ANY new features. I haven't seen anything in the change logs about features, only bug fixes.

CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper
I must admit Lansweeper. This post has been posted many times with the comment its on the wish list.

Well it was on the Wish List back in 2015, it is now 2019 you have had 4 years to implement this feature, yet you have added things like O365 scanning and AirWatch. I would have rathered seen something like this and scanning of Windows store apps first before those.
dgarza1
Engaged Sweeper II
Any update on this feature? This would save so much time. Currently I have to export the packages I want to run then combine into a new xml then import.
bsudano
Engaged Sweeper
I'd just like to add myself to the list of users that would like to see this implemented. It would be nice if it took the following form:

1. In a package, click Add Step
2. Under Action, select "Package"
3. A dropdown menu appears containing all other Packages

Being able to reuse code like this would save a ton of time, especially for packages with dependencies and packages that install multiple pieces of software.
bsudano wrote:
I'd just like to add myself to the list of users that would like to see this implemented. It would be nice if it took the following form:

1. In a package, click Add Step
2. Under Action, select "Package"
3. A dropdown menu appears containing all other Packages

Being able to reuse code like this would save a ton of time, especially for packages with dependencies and packages that install multiple pieces of software.

Just recently started working with Lansweeper at my new job, but right from the get-go, I was hoping for something like bsudano described above....

Here's to hoping it won't take Lansweeper another five years
sullivane
Champion Sweeper III
This is becoming increasingly more needed at least for me.

I have these same 6 steps in 8 different deployments. Which means in each of the 8 deployments there are 6 extra steps instead of 1 (starting the one deployment with all 6).

I also have some deployments (installs) that take 2-4 steps. I have "base packages" for teachers, support staff, and students. These packages have apps that some take 2-4 each instead of one calling the main deployment.

If I need to make a change to the main deployment I also have to make it to 3-7 other deployments.

This feature may not be highly requested but I guarantee people want it.

Thanks
m_west
Engaged Sweeper
Is this going to be released anytime soon? Thanks